don't click here

Sonic Accel (FanGame)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Jordan4K6, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan4K6

Jordan4K6

Sonic4K^
    Sonic Nitro Adventure (Fan Game)
    A project that takes place 3 months after Unleashed, A 2D sequel sorta. It features 3 playable characters and you can use their ability's to get to different routes. It's speed but it has lot's of platforming. The engine is called The Accel Engine (Credit To Damizean for 360 movement) Demo will be available around Christmas time if ready. I work on this alone.

I have been planning the first stage, It hasn't got a name yet. And the first stage features:
    Water Run
    Surfing
    1up Store
    Dolphins and Whales
    A cover or remix of Adabat Day or Wave Ocean.
    Going to try make custom stage tiles.

Anyway here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n6xU_W3x7A

2. Huh..this is interesting...

I like Tail's Sprites.

3. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No but they're a hell of a lot nicer. Someone put those Tails sprites into Sonic 3, it seems to almost match Sonic and Knuckles' sprites better than the slightly edited Sonic 2 Tails does.

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I see you get your sprites from the same place I do. I would recommend not using the "Light Speed Dash Charging" sound for Spindashing, unless you're actually charging a Light Speed Dash/Attack.

6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Looks good. Did you make this engine yourself?

7. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy

8. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Oh, ok.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Kind of looks generic, to be honest. I've seen tons of engine tests for fan games over the years in a similar reign to this one, and very few of them ever actually get completed. I think you should have waited to post this until you got some solid art and level design implemented first, personally, but to each their own, I suppose...

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    hmm, I sorta like where this is going, well the tails sprites look very nice, and the fact that I hear foot steps is pretty decent lol, although there is something abit odd about how the SFX work with the game it's self (It's almost as if the SFX are TOO good for the game if you catch my drift, but that's just probably me), everything seems ok from where I'm standing with this Fan Game, I would however like to see some level art generated on this though XD

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Same thing I said at MFS:

" I'm sorry but this looks like any other generic Adventure+ style fan game. "

But since at Retro I should be more constructive, I'll say this; mixing Sonic and Tails' sprite styles looks odd IMO.

12. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I don't see any platforming. At all.

Looks like a fairly typical "hold right to win" affair...

13. Jordan4K6

Jordan4K6

Sonic4K^
    Sonic Nitro Adventure (Fan Game)
    It's just a test stage. Damizeans Base 360 just had left and right movement with jump.

14. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    Next time, it would be better to show us a level rather than that engine level that I see in every Sonic fan game, 'cause right now, I'm not so interested. I'll just wait that you show something interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.