don't click here

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: The Challenges

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by ColinC10, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Thats what I was hoping for too.... Was quite the disappointment. :P

That part is MUCH faster though. 1 lightning shield jump gets over the whole thing.

Gonna try and remember them and list them off...:

[​IMG]

S Ranks:

Time attack 1: 0:30+
    Time attack 2: 1:00+

Ring Grab 1 & 2: ???

Vandal 1&2: 40

Sidekick 1: 6+
    Sidekick 2: 6+

Gravitation 1: 0:30+
    Gravitation 2: 0:30+

Final Battle 1: 1:30+

Adding more as I go through them again.

2. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I am now convinced that I will never, ever get any S rank, ever.

D':

3. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

I can't complete anything other then the first time attack, barely, 2 seconds remaining, F.

I just suck at S3&K. =P

4. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Just takes time, patience and a hope that you don't mess up anything. I am in the same boat (have only completed the first Time Attack). Nearly beat Vandal 1, but I messed up and glided into one of Robotnik's bomb lines. :psyduck:

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Do people who got past it have any recommendations for S-ranking the second vandal mission? I can get through it, I just only finish with like 38 in the end.

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    God fucking Damn IT!!

nothing happens for a few weeks, then I go offline for a couple of days and an awesome hack appears!!

I am extremely impressed with this, not only is it an S3&K hack but if it were an S1 or S2 hack in general, it'd still be awesome either way, I think the challenges are difficult the way they're suppose to be (No problems there =P), and there were a few bugs "obviously" but considering the amount of work put into this, you've done a fantastic job with keeping the bugs at bay, I'm loving this hack for what it is and just can't stop playing, I honestly can't wait for what you might have in store for a next year project =) (Hoping that you are in fact going to work on a new project)

7. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    [​IMG]

Finished in Knuckles' route on Tag Team 2, palette error.

Feedback: I'm extremely impressed with this, it's given a brand new lease of life to a game I'd since got very sick of. I'm generally finding it fair because I'm still generally very good at S3K, but when a challenge comes along which makes me thing in a more 'abstract' manner, that's where I falter (Gravitation, Bodyguard and High Voltage all giving me grief right now). My progress:

[​IMG]

Believe it or not, most of these are my first attempt!

All in all, this is one of the best hacks I've played, no hyperbole. Now, is anyone going to fix me up a pure time-attack hack? <3

8. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Is he supposed to fix something that was already in the original game?

9. Eddo

Eddo

This is incredible, I might need to get one of those Saturn USB controllers so I can actually get far, though. Great job!

10. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
  11. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Presumably, since now it can be accessed through normal gameplay and not glitching through walls.

12. But it looks so goddamn cool. I noticed that yesterday, and I thought to myself, "Gee, that's just the prettiest palette error I ever did see".

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    You took the EXACT SAME route I take. Except that I keep on getting time overs :(

I'm slowly getting somewhere, though:
    [​IMG]

Interestingly enough I got the two S ranks in a row, at the first try, I was like wtf. Some of the challenges are quite easy, some are almost impossible.
    I'm going to waste a lot of more time on this.

edit: getting better:
    [​IMG]

14. I just noticed a bug you might want to look into.

The second you start the game...THERE ARE NO REQUIREMENTS.

You can access any level, regardless of the qualifications, except for the last zone.

Once you play and beat/lose a level, the requirements kick in.

I'm using Kega Fusion 3.61 BTW.

15. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    Is there a little explaination how to get a S rank at Gravitation 2, though? <,<;;

16. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
  17. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    [​IMG]

As you can see, I have 53 points. A mole badnik half way through the level respawns after you kill it. Might wanna look into it.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So, I'm not the only one who thought of making a boss like that. I'd have had Tails go up against some form of Metal Sonic, though. With curtain fire.

19. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    I'm not the only person who found the respawning mole! That's the only way I could S-rank the level.
    That being said, it takes time to grind it, and time is short, so it is mitigated somewhat. I forget, do the other moles respawn? Perhaps this was intentional, to make it easier to get the required number of points?

20. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Ok, this sucks: With TASing I'm able to destroy enough things, but the time always runs out. Without I have enough time left, but have only destroyed about 20 enemies. Hell, can you create a special version without Time attacks for the other challenges?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.