don't click here

Sonic & Knuckles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Delusphere, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shana

shana

balls Member
    Financial Hell
    Recording Sonic Music on live guitar/bass.
    I think I have this cartridge, I'm getting my TV fixed today, so I'll check then to be 100% sure.

2. TheLazenby

TheLazenby

That must've been the same McDonald's bag that claimed Hyper Sonic and Atomic were playable... (See one of my old posts.)

At least we have multiple people claiming they played the alternate S&K, though, instead of one guy's "may or may not" claim.

3. Yeah, That McDonald's promotion was obviously planned before the game was finished, because of mentioning Flying Battery Zone, and Hyper Sonic.

Which brings up the ultimate question...

WHAT IS ATOMIC SONIC?!

4. TheLazenby

TheLazenby

Oh, you must've missed the topic on that. :-)

No one ever figured that out. The bag had a box where you could write down your highest scores as (and this is a quote):
    * SONIC
    * SUPER SONIC
    * HYPER SONIC
    * ATOMIC

No, not Atomic Sonic, just "Atomic".

5. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Pre-Alpha Knuckles name?

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    A random store, in the middle of nowhere, in a country that was a second priority to the American market (though having better sellthrough), having a prototype of one of the most anticipated games of the year - that required a special cartridge, that would have to have been designed by this point - on open play testing?

I doubt it VERY much.

7. Delusphere

Delusphere

UK
    The place that I played it, is acctually very popular, gets avertised on the TV all the time and one of the most popular places for meetings, hangouts, partys, shopping etc. the part I was at was only just built and had lots of promotion, fresh shops and all that etc - its quite a significant part of where I live lol (though technically I don't live in it haha). Oh and the game was Protected, it wasnt just lying around. All you could steal was the Joy Pads, but, that would have been kinda pointless!

I've also heard of this Atomic thing too, but noting more, just the name.

8. JDAdams

JDAdams

Serious misunderstanding of the phrase "Be Sonic! Be Atomic!" I reckon

9. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I kind of do, I even got a toy out of it. :)

If I do remember, it was the entire side of one box in a an FBZ-styled art, most likely mocked up.

Though, it is possible Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 might have had different developments, I mean, being split and all.

I also believe in perfect memory. I'm either Aspie or PDD-NOS, and I never have to take notes for classes. I remember the sentences down to the last details.

10. Mr.C

Mr.C

USA
    Wait, when I tried to play Flying Battery on S3, nothing happened, nothing at all. Game didn't crash, just nothing.

11. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Because its entry is disabled in the level select. You need to hack (PAR code or something) in order to access it.

12. Mr.C

Mr.C

USA
    Oh, whoops. BTW, is it the same for Mushroom Hill and Sandopolis?

13. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Yep, they're disabled too.

14. Mr.C

Mr.C

USA
    Ah, I see. I'm going to search for a code that enables those zones. But I'm not doing it now, because it's 12:28 AM here.

15. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    People here probably already know this but in the Sonic 3 manual, Techno Squeek is listed in the New Badniks section but it does not appear until Flying Battery Zone in S&K. This supports the idea that Flying Battery was the last Zone to be switched over to S&K.

16. Mr.C

Mr.C

USA
    Huh, I didn't know that, but that's only because I don't have the manual. :v:

17. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I got a few stories involving proto's in stores in here too, actually. My friend as a kid claimed to have had an unlabled cart of sonic 2, which had an ungarbled HPZ. And the guy at our local independant game store(now closed) new a guy from traveller's tales and showed me what was IIRC the -825 sonic 3D beta.
    Also, I have an odd cart of pokemon yellow; grey coloured, no label, no new sprites.
    None of these are too amazing, and are most likely inacurately remembered (apart from the pokemon yellow cart, I've still got that) but nevertheless it's a curious subject.
    I wish I had some evidence, to back these stories up, and I wish I still knew those guys so I could ask them about it.

18. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Mans Memory is mans WORST friend.

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    You should see about getting that dumped.

20. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

Speaking of Pokemon, my Pokemon Emerald cart says "Not for Resale" not sure what it means, but the game isn't any different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.