don't click here

Sonic 1: WTF LAME

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by GerbilSoft, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    This hack rocks. It's like OMG THE RED RINGS, just a bit more forgiving. And funny as fuck.

For the record, I got to somewhere in MZ2 on my second playthrough (first one was just to see what the box did =P). Old habits from testing S-Factor SS too much.

2. SR212787

SR212787

Gallifrey, TN
    Sonic 2
    haha! That was amazing. The monitors are hilarius. Then I started playing through the first level, trying not to hit any monitors, got to the end, saw the special stage ring, thought 'YAY I got enough rings!' And it got me again. Whats great about this is you ( at least I ) can't read that fast, so I was only getting bits and pieces of the messages. That made it funnier.

Are the messages supposed to be on random, or are certain messages supposed to play at certain points? I have seen three different ones so far.

3. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    The messages are chosen randomly -- and you're not meant to read it as they are tl;drs afterall :P

(tl;dr : too long; didn't read)

4. aliialii

aliialii

La la laaaaa~ Member
    Umm, what can I say about this? EPIC WIN!
    But one thing you will have to note, first, I read all of one of those random messages! YAY! (It states this guy doesn't like Retro (us)).
    Secondly, about the 4th time I played this, as soon as the message ended (because I accedentaly hit a box) my emulator crashed! I used Kega Fusion then. I also tried Gens Plus, and did the same thing. I hit the box, random :words: fire at me, end of tl;rd message and guess what? It crashed. My version of Windows really hates those humorous hacks! :P

5. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    It's okay, Windows just tl;droll'd you. Grab Gens/GS, that is GerbilSofts emulator, this game should ship standard with every new release of that emu as a test rom. =P

6. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Yes, that would be awesome, in fact GerbilSoft should create a WTF LAME version of his emulator, when EVERYTIME you load a game before you play you get a tl;dr courtesy from Wetflame EVERYTIME you want to play a new game, or change the options or load a state, or save it, the possibilities are endless. That would make Gens/GS the best Sega Genesis/CD/32x emulator by far! :)

7. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
  8. SR212787

SR212787

Gallifrey, TN
    Sonic 2
    I showed it to my boyfriend last night. He got a kick out of it, then tried to beat it with out triggering the messages... He got half way through Green hill 3 after triggering it several times in Green Hill 1, just to trigger it again near Robotnik. He tossed the controller down and said 'fuck this' while laughing with frustration. It was great.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    DURR HURR I AM FUCKING RETARDED Benny Hill? No =P

10. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.