don't click here

Sonic RDX Update

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Wow, I think I'm gonna like playing it now without the tree's in, I can see this is coming along nicely, I'm not too sure on sonic though, it's probably just me but I think he looks abit odd, still not that I'm complaining =P

Great work Dude!

2. Levant

Levant

Dude, this looks awesome. Count me in as one of the patiently waiting...

3. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    I like the new mystic ruins. In the future, will you change the mystic ruins' map ?

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

Would it be possible to edit the Mystic Ruins further so it would become a sort of "Sonic World" like in Sonic Jam?

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Looking good, now I'll finally be able to see where the hell I'm going. :P

I'm wondering, are you going to be changing the layout of the adventure fields?

6. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Yes! I encourage everyone to explore the adventure fields, and even to make a new file when they play this - level entrances, upgrade items and secrets are all being moved around. It'll break the game a little bit but everything will be readily accessible.

7. Ritchie Ramone

Ritchie Ramone

Ahh, that's incredible, Dude! I'm just wondering, how many man-hours have all of this taken you, start to finish? Something of this type of density really looks like a daunting task for just one person. Plus, it's inspiring to see how far you can go into modding this game; I really want to start my own hack of Sonic Adventure.

8. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    I'm going to have a lot of fun being able to see where I'm going, keep it up! =D

9. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I've been hacking sonic adventure for the better part of five years, but I've been working on sonic RDX since september of last year. I can't tell you the amount of hours I've put into it, but I can garuntee you its an unhealthy amount.

10. Ritchie Ramone

Ritchie Ramone

That's pretty interesting. Once you release the hack in September, are you going to continue working on it? It'd be pretty nice to see a complete overhaul of the game, and watching the progress of this hack for the past several months has proven to me that it's definitely possible. I wish you all the luck.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    "Dude", are there any hidden polygons from the Echidnas city in Mystic Ruins (under the floor maybe)?

12. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    No.

13. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Took me a while to realize this was said, FWAP FWAP FWAP! Keep up the amazing work!

Also, are you going to make a Lightspeed Dash that doesn't need charging, and are you going to use that motion blur hack?

14. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    I have but one question for you, and I'm only asking it because I don't recall seeing it in any of the 15 pages.

Sonic's eyebrows, CAN HE CONTROL THEM?

You sir, are the God of SADX hacking. :thumbsup:

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    In the event that I disappear, or can't make it for the hacking contest, I decided to release what I've got right now. This is a work in progress but the first level is almost 100% complete

Get the latest preview version here
    Its a hefty download btw. Like 40 something megs. Enjoy. This version includes ice cap, caribbean crush, textures for speed highway, and the edited Mystic Ruins.

16. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Any chance of some more gameplay videos sometime soon?
    I don't have the 'clean' sonic adventure DX to patch or anything.

17. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I usually make some right after the release of every demo, so I'll record one up as soon as I've downloaded this.

18. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Awesome...although I am having trouble finding a certain upgrade.

19. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKaQyKzREk - Ice Cap parts 2 and 3. Note that the music you hear isn't actually in the demo yet. (Also, I made it.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGLwfMEMdk - Carribean Crush full level. (The music you hear is also made by me, but these tracks are actually in the game. :v: )

These videos may or may not be done processing, I haven't checked. If they're not viewable yet, check back in a few minutes.

20. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    oh that's great! I love how atmoshperic the 2nd part of ice cap is, then it becomes fast-paced and fun in the 3rd part. Brilliant work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.