don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The trailer says that there's going to be a PC version.
    Xbox Live too, so maybe there'll be online multiplayer?

2. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Another game, another no Ristar. D=

I can see it now. And I LIKE the original Sonic car, it is a classic!

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Oh, didn't notice that.
    But the PC version part wasn't in there.

5. Skaarg

Skaarg

Hmm doesn't sound like that bad of a game. I doubt it'll compete with Mario Kart on the Wii, but it could be fun on other systems.

6. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    GAUTA GAU FASHT!

7. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Let's not forget Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 ;)

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Sonic... In a car. Huh.

Strangely (but mildly) hyped for this game. Guess it's because it looks like the Mariokart Sonic never really had I.e. good.
    The Viking better be riding a dragon here!

10. shana

shana

balls Member
    Financial Hell
    Recording Sonic Music on live guitar/bass.
    Capcom vs SEGA vs SNK vs Marvel would make the ultimate game?
    This game kinda reminds me of Crash Team Racing, which was a good game.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    With the festering pile of tripe the Mario Kart series has become due to Double Dash, Super Circuit and Wii (DS has a few issues, but isn't as guilty as these others), this could give Mario Kart a serious run for its money if all goes as planned.

About time too. Mario Kart's stagnating pretty badly.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I liked Mario Kart for the Wii. Least the online wasn't bullshit like it was in Brawl. DS was good though.

This game reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing... with Sonic characters. Planes, cars, probably boats. It's the perfect sequel to a game that came out 12 years ago. And sure, it could give Mario Kart a run for it's money, but the reviewers will see the word "Sonic" on the title and get the red pen out because it's time to give the game a 5 or under. Then stupid gamers will say fuck sawnik and go on to play yet another Halo clone.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Their loss. At least people actually sought to play Unleashed on that last salvo and found it's a pretty good game.

Let the reviewers complain. They're no more credible than if I were to write a review and slap it on the front page of the site.

14. Tenniru

Tenniru

Duty Now For The Future Oldbie
    This could actually be pretty fun. Obviously we have next to no information about it, so god knows how it could turn out, but it looks exciting. No idea why Seaside Hill (from Sonic Heroes) is there (or at least the side of the wall visible as Sonic crosses the finish line).

15. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
  16. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I can already hear the complaining coming from people... Kotaku's a good start, but their commentators (and sometimes reporters) have largely proven themselves to be about as thick-headed as the saps on places like Gamespot or GAF.

Complaining about everything clearly gets things done, especially at first reveal. The only time outrage was warranted was really at Black Knight's unveil. That was never a good idea to begin with.

17. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Am I the only one to find it funny this article was written by a "Mike Jackson"?
    Let the speculation begin!! :v:

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Oh cool, Sonic Drift 3. Nifty trailer, just as flashy as the Superstars Tennis one.

Put Vectorman in goddammit.
    This is bad ass, very nice eye.

19. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie

Theres been a Mike Jackson working at Future Publishing (the owners of CVG) for years. He used to be staff on for UK Official Nintendo Magazine I believe. Pretty sure hes not that other Jackson: he writes good reviews and articles usually

Also on this particular announcement: interesting but for once the CGI movie doesnt really seem all that exciting? The fact they are all in cars doesnt really help I guess. Though Eggman's monster truck is pretty hardcore.

Richard Jacques being on the team hopefully is great: I hope they can get TJ Davis too maybe, Sonic R soundtrack mark 2 + Sonic Drift elements could be awesome. Or it could be another lousy Mario Kart clone, but we havent had many stabs at that this gen I believe so might be good

20. Leonard the Genie

Leonard the Genie

Prices aren't the only thing getting slashed Member
    I wish for a Stardust Speedway/Chemical Plant/Star Light track. It's a racing game, so it's not really out of the question, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.