don't click here

This Melody Sounds Familliar

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by saxman, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I never watched Super Human Samurai Syber Squad before, so I was curious and wanted to see a couple minutes of it to see what it was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkA7bgcUt-I

At 2:51, a familliar melody plays. It's from AoStH. I just found that a bit odd that that jingle would be used in more than one show...

2. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Maybe it's one of those generic jingles/sounds that are sold to media corporations to use on their shows? Similar to the fire engine siren from Sim City 4 or generic-children-playing sound. Since the shows were released about the same time, it would make sense.

Also, this is a nostalgia bomb. :psyduck:

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    To my knowledge, it's fairly common for cartoon production companies—as well as dubbing companies—to reuse "stock" music they have laying around across multiple shows, depending on whether or not they fit the particular situation in question the best or not. Several other shows dubbed by Ocean Group used music present in the Ocean dub of Dragon Ball Z, for example.

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Wow....that's so weird.

To bad they were cheap and unoriginal when it came to this iteration of Sonic.......oh wait.

5. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    When thinking about where the tune would be in a video game/hack, I decided it would be best suited as menu/options music. Has anyone else tried this with the rest of AoStH's soundtrack?

6. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    It would be sorta neat if someone got a hold of the people(person?) responsible for the music from AoStH and got them to give us the actual music files for all those tunes. :)

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I for one would love extended cuts of some of the raw cues for that show, but sadly I don't see it happening =/

8. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    the "waiting screen / music" on channel 13 in austin, tx used TTR bad future music (US) in the lag time between the commercial and the next show =) I'm still wondering how they pulled that off.

9. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I just realized something...what was the point of putting that music in that scene anyways? It was just a standard conversation. I can see some slight orchestral music in the background (they don't even do that with sitcoms though), but that music just seemed so out of place, especially when you know it was used on AoSTH.

10. Xilla

Xilla

I remember hearing AoStH music cues in another cartoon as well, can't remember which one though.

11. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I watched the full first episode. It's an embarassing show... more so than the Power Rangers. Clearly they were making it on a very tight budget. So, maybe they needed music there, and just grabbed what the cheapest tracks they could get hold of... or something... I don't know, I think it fits alright, but the music is kind of silly, mainly because the show is silly. "Oh Amp, Amp!"... when he's only a few feet away 9_9

12. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Well, Power Rangers, at least in its beginnings, was an attempt to cheaply cash in on pre-existing Japanese stock footage. Syber Squad, on the other hand, was an attempt to cheaply cash in on the popularity of Power Rangers. It was second-generation toy shilling.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

O.O.....even the powers of youtube can't dig this one up...I'm still curious though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.