don't click here

Look Alike

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aesculapius Piranha, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I know I saw it on a MySpace page hosting the song a while back, but that page is gone, and I cant find the info on Sonic Retro anywhere (or even a wiki entry in regards to the song.)

Did we ever find out who exactly was responsible for this song? I want to know.

2. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

From the movie's credits...

Music and Arrangement: Mitsuhiro Tada

Lyrics and Performance: Riu Konaka

Yeah, I really love this song. It's great.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'd heard rumors from Kat that the OVA once had an OST release planned for it, but it was scrapped before release for reasons unknown. It's a real shame, too—it had a phenomenal soundscape that fit the movie perfectly, and a full version of Look Alike would have been an equally superb thing to have. Too bad we're reduced to horribly spliced rips from the movie itself. :(

As per the topic's main question, NintendoBrad did exactly what I was going to do—check the movie's credits. Has anyone thought about contacting the artists in question involved with the OVA's soundtrack? I'd love to see if any full versions of the music involved exist still, and if they'd be willing to share them. That'd be a real treat! :)

4. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
  5. Peruant

Peruant

Just dropping in through gaps Member
    Especially that one. I also like the one when they're going to the ruins after the Tornado crashes.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    If theres ONE thing I remember about that movie its that theme it was an awesome theme and I hope I can find my copy somewhere in the archives of my computer.

7. Jeiku

Jeiku

While the OVA was alright at best (I can only stand to watch episode 1 these days), I really love this anime's music, especially South Island, Sonic's Theme, and The Land of Darkness. I also have that 4-minute version of LOOK-ALIKE, though I thought whoever edited it together did a pretty decent job, and I loved how it retained the logo sound at the beginning.

I didn't like any of the other badly-spliced mixes that are out there, though, so I opted to instead rip some of the music from the Japanese audio track. Even though it has the voices and sound effects, I'd rather have those than sound glitches and lazy volume control. The version of South Island that plays during the Sonic vs. Metal battle isn't very good though, so I stuck with the 40-second version that plays in the intro, since it retains the kick-ass fast-paced rift.

8. TailsAddict

TailsAddict

BANNED Oldbie
    cool I still have that song. Its my favorite sonic related song. Engrish is fun

9. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    wait, what?

Tweaker, I'll send you the version I've had for years when I'm at the library next and you can tell me if its badly spliced

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
  11. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    There's just something about Sonic music that's just...fantastic, and the OVA is a great example of this. Put these songs on your iPod, hook it up to your car, and drive around during the summer with your windows down enjoying the weather and some great Sonic music. Good times. :eng101:

Also, if anybody's curious, here's the short 3 minute-ish version of Look-a-Like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk&fmt=18

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Surprisingly enough, it wasn't badly spliced! Granted, it was a bit rough around the edges and I would have cut the two separate bits of the song differently, but it's solid enough to the point where I've had it on repeat all day. Thanks! :)

Incidentally, I believe the edit you sent me is the same one that Enzo linked below. Go figure. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.