don't click here

Do you think Twinkle circuit should replace ppz 2?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hanoch, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    I started to think that the makers of s3d blast stole twinkle park from sonic adventure dx untill I heard it was actualy released before that game.

I listened to panic puppet act 2 and it just doesn't sounds right, one song is a space kinda style song and the other is a base type song. I then head some ideas to import twinkle circuit and make it use panic puppet 1 voices but I was too lazy to look at the midi.

I listened to nineko's version and to the original version, nineko added volume to a few chords (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Ma6zX1txQ...feature=related the part from 1:26 to 1:41) in his version and I didn't really like that version the most (no offense nineko) and then I made this topic.

So the question is, what's better. The current panic puppet 2 or Twinkle Circuit with ppz 1 instruments? I want to hear your opinions so maybe I could re-create panic puppet 2 with the new song I'll convert. And sorry that there's no poll, this forum doesn't allow them.

2. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Please tell me you're joking... Because it would make so much sense that a 2d Sonic game for Saturn and Genesis was released after SA1... Right?..

But um.. No.. That would make no sense seeing as Twinkle Parks music is already in the game, seeing as that's were it came from.

3. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    [​IMG]

But seriously though, I'm having a rough time trying to figure out what it is you are trying to say. And yeah, how could you think 3D Blast was before Adventure? Come on ;)

4. Hanoch

Hanoch

Israel
    everything
    It was a long time ago, I didn't know all sonic games, I knew only s3d sonic 1 2 and 3 and knuckles. In s3d I got only up to rusty ruin 1. Besides, this is not the idea of this topic. Also I got to panic puppet 1 after I played sonic dx and got to Twinkle park 1 and I didn't think they stole it, I just thought that they used the same song because in the time I played sonic 3d again, I forgot how twinkle park sounds like. I wrote that because I am stupid.

And my current project thingy is just a placeholder, I want to decide what project to work on right now, but I think I should remove that because its kinda rude.

5. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    Windy Valley was also reused.

Perhaps the first part of the Twinkle Circuit could have been made during the development of Sonic 3D, but not the part using Sonic's "It doesn't matter" theme song.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    What always struck me as odd though was how the music to the pleasure castle and mirror room parts of Twinkle Park sounded more like Sonic CD US's good future music to Stardust Speedway. There were a few songs from Sonic CD US that seemed to be inspiration for tracks from Adventure.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I always saw the Sonic 3D tracks in SA1 as homages to Sonic's first "3D" adventure...

8. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It would be cool to make a version of Sonic 3D Blast (Sat) that replaces the music tracks with the appropriate Sonic Adventure tracks. How many 3D blast arrangements are there in Sonic Adventure?

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

To the extent of my knowledge, only 2 were re-made.

There may possibly be more though.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    There are 2 Flickies' Island remixes in SA1:

Twinkle Cart (Flickies Theme / Gene Gadget 1)
    The Air (Green Grove Zone 1)

As a bonus, the NiGHTS pinball table uses a track from NiGHTS - Message From Nightopia, and on the GD-ROM to be triggered by events are Super Sonic Racing from Sonic R and Palmtree Panic (Present) from Sonic CD (JE).

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wait how do you get Palmtree Panic and Super Sonic Racing to play?

12. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
  13. Hanoch

Hanoch

Israel
    everything
    What I am trying to say is, should I even bother on remixing Twinkle Circuit in the genesis format with ppz 1 voices?
    And overlord, it is the flickies theme but not gene gadget 1. Its panic puppet 1. Also, maybe panic puppet 2 was also remixed into sa/sa2?

14. PARASOL

PARASOL

I thought the 3d blast one was better personally, I don't know I'm more into retro music. :P

Someone on Youtube had a video, but he got suspended a year ago or so.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2...cialcontent.php
    I found this page a while back, one of those "Japanese event" things are the Palmtree Panic one. I currently opened up space in my VMU and I'm willing to download this and make a video. Not now though, I need to get my Dreamcast back first.

15. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=303151:date=Apr 24 2009, 01:19 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Apr 24 2009, 01:19 PM) [​IMG]

16. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
  17. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    ^ Palmtree Panic was in the Millenium Ring download, and Super Sonic Racing was in a downloadable Twinkle Circuit course. The latter can be accessed in the Gamecube version with Action Replay.

18. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    EDIT: Someone beat me. D:

I personally think PP2 was fine where it is.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    <!--quoteo(post=303365:date=Apr 25 2009, 10:01 PM:name=Thorn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thorn @ Apr 25 2009, 10:01 PM) [​IMG]

20. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.