don't click here

Main Character Art

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Really? Lemme edit that a bit, I'll post the result and see if it looks any better...
    EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    What do you think?

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Alright, we're using OSM's sprite. It's fucking perfect, fits with Knuckles and just looks like Sonic from the japanese art. Good work.

Looks great, but the idle sprite needs a slight revision. Should be a pixel taller since for some reason, he actually gains height when he leans to the left.

:)

also, he looks like he hasn't slept for days.

Also, animated since yours seems to not be showing up:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

On the walking animation, OSM, hold on a second.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Haha, I love that animation! It looks perfect.

5. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Here's another revision, fixed the spazzing pixel in the eye and made him taller. Also adjusted the stomach so it fits the foot tapping poses.
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Fuck, one of the tapping poses has an error. One second.

EDIT: Fixed, and adjusted the idle once more.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
  7. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Mother fucker, I knew I fucked something up. I've been tweaking this bitch all day, I apologize for the sloppy errors.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Did this fix it?

8. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

I hope people seriously don't like this sprite, he's fat, his eyes are way too big, his shoes now look much worse... and in the animation he grows about 3 sprites and shrinks 3 sprites by the end of the cycle! He hunches his back like an ogre... he doesn't look impatient he looks like he is undergoing some horrid jeckyl and hyde transformation!

God, just animate the original sprite and not this abomination!

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    :)

Also, OSM, did you shrink the waiting animation?

10. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I find it very good, personnally.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Here's a slight modification on the standing sprite. Now it's a bit taller, so Knuckles doesn't look like a giant near him.
    [​IMG]
    Because he's now one pixel taller, I modified the muzzle as well, and also made the further eye a bit different.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I more or less agree in that I severely prefer the original proposed sprite. It doesn't matter now, though—this is apparently the final design, whether a majority of people prefer it or not.

13. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    Ouch, shit. In that case if it's rubbish I won't continue it.
    EDIT: Wait a second where the fuck are you getting this 3 pixels up bullshit from, it clearly only goes up by one.
    EDIT: Ok reading that all over again did you just get off your menstrual cycle or what? You didn't have a problem with how it looked before, why say something now 2 pages later?
    In the original it went up a pixel because his quills arched up more because of the position of his head. I brought him down again but it fucked the entire thing up, so I made it go back up a pixel again.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used the old animation with the new idle pose and corrected any differences between the frames.

And fifthelephant, I can do without your abomination comment bullshit. Just stick to the critique, none of this other bullshit.

15. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

I'm not saying it is completely messed up, but I'm concerned that you changed a large portion of the sprite then decided to edit your revision and everyone is like "omg it's animated how beautiful!" when you could have edited the perfectly good sprite that we had already. Oh and I see no reason why he should grow taller in the animation cycle, especially when it's his legs that are growing! The gap between his legs also widen! I would understand his quills being raised if his head is lowered, but his legs?

16. synchronizer

synchronizer

I like this one allot, especially the mouth. If the spikes were adjusted slightly I think it would be even better! Also, the shoes need the yellow buckle edit.

[​IMG]

17. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Wow, OSM, looks loads better and it's animated beautifully.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  19. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    I love OSM's sprite. I hope it, or some variant of it, is used in this project.

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I'm only talking about the idea of the pose/waiting animation.