don't click here

X3VREC - I am learning programming :D

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Oerg866, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

Nineko has inspired me to finally learn some VB. So I started out with Visual Basic 6.0 and then took Nineko's X3V Voice Bank format , since I thought it was pretty good as a starter project. After a lot of headaches about some mistakes that went the debugger go nuts on me, I finally finished a working version. Tinkered on it here and there, even added a conversion to standard SMPS voice banks and YMX voice banks and the ability to extract voices. Nineko helped me on the YMX conversion code since I made some blatant mistakes there. Thanks a bunch for it.

Well. I was proud of my app, really, it being the first app in VB I ever got further than just placing a button in a window with.

Nostalgics, as Nineko and I are, we got into talk about 16-Bit and Visual Basic. I got myself a copy of Visual Basic 4.0 16-Bit, and after changing the internal forms version number to 4.00, I got it working under Windows 3.1 too.

So, this is not only my first app, no, but there is a 16-Bit and a 32-Bit version :v: Place the executable in your x3v directory.

Heres some screenshots.

[​IMG]

This is the 16Bit version after converting a x3v bank to YMX format and...

[​IMG]

this is the 32Bit equivalent.

Well, here are some download links.

16-Bit Version
    32-Bit Version
    Sonic 3 Universal Voice Bank in X3V format for demonstration purposes

Right.

Have fun :) - I am planning to add more features soon.

Bye :)

2. x64

x64

clicked the [x] button Banned
    Vernal Equinox
    I'm working on your mom.
    VB6 has been obsolete for almost 11 years and there are serious security flaws in its runtime. You really shouldn't be using VB6. It came out around the same time Sonic 3D blast did.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I think this is the first time that my name appears 4 times in the same post.

For the record, both xm3smps and xm4smps can convert voice banks between x3v and ymx (and raw binary files), but since you did this for learning purposes it's all good, I guess.

Also damn, I didn't want to post a new post, I wanted to edit my old one. Merge please?

4. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Visual Basic 6 is the last VB made before the .NET editions were created, I don't see any issues with using programs made with them, not all people want to use .NET. Still, this program's a good creation, hopefully your programming skills will get better.

5. And those security flaws matters to programs like these because .......?

Yes, I know my program is obsolete really, but yeah, it's all for learning purposes.

Thanks :D -- And to alexis I wanted to say basically what SOTI just said.

:D,
    Oerg866

6. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Suggestion: support to convert a RAW voice file in .BIN format (or groups of RAW voice files in .BIN format) to X3V voice bank.

7. Nice suggestion! I'll work on it :specialed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.