don't click here

Sonic CD Musical Cake

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Gregster, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregster

Gregster

Oldbie
  2. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Heh, I found these a couple of days ago. I haven't listened to the Wacky Workbench one yet (My connection is iffy with YouTube) but the Tidal Tempest one is amazing. I even put my suggestion in for Stardust Speedway.

3. Ashura2k

Ashura2k

Thants. Oldbie
    That wacky workbench one is unlistenable. Kudos for the idea and effort, but there's way too many things going on at once. Tidal Tempest turned out a bit better though...

4. Gregster

Gregster

Oldbie
    I'm not a fan of the Wacky Workbench one either - put it there for completeness' sake.

5. MoDule

MoDule

Tech Member
    Procrastinating from writing bug-fix guides
    I downright hate the Japanese Wacky Workbench, so there's no saving that one.
    I do like the Tidal Tempest one, though. My favorite part is at 2:33 where he combines the past music and that unused clip from the beta. The transition between the past and bad future music is very well done, too. The good future part doesn't sound so good, sadly.

6. Rokkan

Rokkan

I'm looking forward to Stardust Speedway and Mettalic Madness <3

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    If he practices enough, he can probably make Wacky Workbench over again. It's really just about fading in and out parts of the song which sound good together.

Sort of like Banjo-Kazooie.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I guess, but Tidal Tempest sounded better largely because it had the advantage of being similar tempo, style, and even chord progression.

Wacky Workbench fits together a bit worse.

9. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I'm currently awaiting for the (IMO) inevitably awesome Stardust Speedway remix.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    TT sounds good for what I have heard so far.

Why do people always say the japanese music when us euro people also had the same soundtrack? :/ it's one thing that's always annoyed me a bit.

11. Rokkan

Rokkan

well it says Jap/Eur on the video

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's a game industry thing. Everyone hates Europe.

13. Rokkan

Rokkan

You never been in Brazil before.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No one associates gaming with Europe as they don't usually develop anything. They just get things like 4 months later than everyone else (Least with Nintendo anyway)

15. Because it was created by the japanese for a japanese game. The europeans that adapted the game for their market just happened to not change it. Americans created a new soundtrack, so the american soundtrack is the one created by americans. Since europeans didn't create anything, why should we mention them? Does anyone mention any other continent such as South America or Australia? You can bet they got a release of the game, but they are irrelevant when talking about the soundtrack that wasn't created in any of those places.

So, as far as I'm concerned, there's only the japanese and the american soundtrack.

16. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    I know they are quite different, but if they're mixed together just right, I think a combination of the Boss tracks from both soundtracks -- with maybe even the Japanese Final Boss track combined into that mix -- would sound pretty good. That is to say, I don't think it will sound really good, but I think it will still sound pretty good (if done right, of course.)

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH WOW

Tip - the UK is the 4th biggest games publisher by country - and there's a LOT of games you know & play that were made here. As a start - got anything by Codemasters? Or Core? Or Acclaim? Or Traveller's Tales (yes, Sonic 3D was made here)? Or any of the Wipeout franchise? Or any Lemmings title? (I could go on...)

18. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Heh, I didn't even know all that came from here.

Also, whilst on the topic of Sonic 3D, there's someone with my surname who works for Traveller's Tales :(

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Also Worms is another big British gaming franchise (Team 17). And where oh where has every Grand Theft Auto been made? Yup. Britain.

A couple of choice names from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Vide..._United_Kingdom :

Argonaut Games (Croc & the SNES Starfox titles)
    Bizarre Creations (Project Gotham)
    Bullfrog Productions (Theme Park)
    Criterion Games (Renderware)
    Eidos (Tomb Raider)
    Lionhead (Black & White)
    Ocean (dozens of licensed titles, many decent)
    4 different Rockstar studios
    Sensible Software (Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder)
    Sumo Digital (Outrun 2 & 2006 home conversions)
    Virgin Interactive (Huge in the 16bit era)

Sorry to go on and be offtopic, but it always annoys me when people say Europe contributes nothing to gaming.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I took a listen to these songs and, honestly, I didn't really like either mix. There was one part in TTZ I enjoyed, being the opening with the Present music. They meshed really well together there. Other than that, it just sounded like he was playing around with tempos, pitches and shifting between sound channels to get an effect going... the result is the later part of the TTZ mix sounds a little weaker compared to how good the opening was. WWZ was just awful, though. Both styles of songs, let alone how different the three International tracks sound originally, do not allow themselves to be mixed very well. Overall, it just sounded like a lot of noise.

He'll improve with time, since it seems he just started them off, so I do hope he goes back to TTZ when he's sharpened up more and composes the song to be as nicely mixed as the intro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.