don't click here

Sonic 2: Revamped

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Irixion, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    I love your lamp post design

2. The lamp post is from s3's competition mode....

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You could handle those pitch bends a bit better by just quickly alternating from one note to the next. So, for example, if you have a 1/4 duration that you want to have for one bend, you have have 1/16 of it be the note before it. This way, it simulates it well enough without completely ignoring that the other note exists.

I also noticed a couple of notes that were a tad off in timing, but otherwise that's pretty faithful. Not too shabby! :)

4. Thanks! :). I do want to give it a bit of my own twist to it which is why I changed the timing. The part at the end I figured out (say about 30 minutes ago) so it's very early.

5. Rokkan

Rokkan

Please tell me you'll add the the drums/bongos things too that plays with the song.
    Without them, the song will just sound dull.
    But yeah, you're doing an amazing job by re-doing the song. Please post the full version when done.
    Also, I didn't like the new sound effects, why won't you keep the old ones?

6. The new sound effects are much better, only a few pitch changes. The jump sound is the original, but the emulator I'm using plays it at a higher sample rate.

Edit: I do plan on adding the bongos, or claps, if I can't put the bongos into my driver.

7. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Why don't you turn off the high quality sound option? It gives false information by the videos.

8. The emulator plays it like that regardless. Only reason I use the emulator is because hitting tab speeds it up <3

Edit: I'm working on a new title screen. However I won't be putting my first import to waste, so I'll find another use for it.

9. [​IMG]

New WIP art for Inlet Island. I am aware the contrast between the actual rock on top and the rock beneath is very high. I'll redo the palette once the art is complete.

C&C Welcome.

10. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    Nice new art, but you might learn something from Sonic Advance 2, besides hold-right gameplay sucks: after images look better when transparent. It gives it a better blur, there-it-is-or-oh-gone look.

11. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Technicly not new art, since its ripped right from SSZ, but its nice.. :P

Blame Youtube for that, it looks fine IN game.

12. What part of exactly like s3k do people not get? o.o SMTP, it is heavily edited SSZ art =P. If you didn't know EHZ has a shitload of double tiles, the slopes are gonna be a bitch (which is why I'm preserving as many 8x8s as I can)

13. Nicogens

Nicogens

Don't. Member
    Argentina
    Sonic Overhauled (lmao)
    Awesome. I love this Hack, the art and the music are great.
    I can not wait to play it.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Lovinig the level transition at the end of that 2nd video, even though the springs looked a bit fucked =P

One thing that keeps impressing me with this hack is the custom sound effects - I've noted before how cool the spring sounds and I like that new one for the shield too :)

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Nice work.
    This makes me wanting to port a Sonic 1 level to S2E.

16. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Porting a level is relatively simple, the objects are the hard part, SOTI. :)

17. TKB

TKB

This hack gets better and better.

After watching the second Youtube video, I have to say, I'm really impressed with what you have going on in there, especially with the sound effects. My favorite one is the midway sign post sound effect.

18. Dragstik

Dragstik

I have one question.
    In the Inlet Island video, what's the name of the song used in the level?
    I swear that's the unused one in Sonic 3 & Knuckles PC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.