don't click here

Project Chaos ReMix Project is out, at last!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by nineko, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.

Penistree. I can't listen to that song right now, I'll do it later. Thanks!

2. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    It's a mixed bag, IMO.

The Good
    • The Sonic 3 & K Title (SnappleMan) made my day. I just wish it was longer.
    • Red Sphere, Blue Sphere starts off a bit bleh, but it redeams itself. It has some nice bits.
    • Angel Island really starts to get good, I like it.
    • Walk on Water FTW.
    • I love Mushroom Hill. It captures the feel of the level perfectly.
    • Live At The Sandopolis is right down my street.
    • Dead Batteries, starts off sounding poor (I hate that effect) but once it starts, the sex.
    • Scrambled Eggman get's off to a good start, not bad overall.
    • Malicious Fingers is just awesome.
    The Bad
    • So long and thanks for all the memories - sounds like a furnature commercial. Does nothing for me.
    • The Wait Is Over! - Sounds awful.
    • Caution-Echidnas May Eat Your Brain (S3 Boss 1)
    • Marble Garden - sometimes the vocals become less painful but overall it's embarassing.
    • The Secluded Stronghold (Hidden Palace) - it ends up feeling too synth. Nice though I suppose.
    The Ugly
    • Carnival Night, took me a good while to figure out that's what it was, and that was due to the out-of-place clown music.
    • Ice Cap - for a tune that's been done a 10,000 times, I'm sadden by this.
    • Elevator Music - Again, took me a while to recognise anything.
    • Robotnik Radio - It made me realise that there are two tunes in S3&K that sound like James Bond, but that dosen't detract from the fact it sucks as boss music.
    • Lava Reef - about as tradgic as Ice Cap.
    I'm not sure what to think so far overall.

3. CloverCC

CloverCC

I agree with you on the bad with marble garden. If they didn't have the silly vocals, I don't know how cool it would sound..On that marble Garden song, everything past the counter '2:26' was orgasmic. The only time I liked the vocals too. :P

Carnival night zone wasn't all that bad. I enjoyed it, actually. With the out of place clown music put in, it seemed like a 'kingdom hearts' type mix.

4. Shade

Shade

Eh. It's growing on me. Just wasn't what I was expecting. Still, a handful of these tracks are kinda stinkers.

5. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    All the songs by Kanjika are just amazing. Wow. I am seriously impressed.

6. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Some are okay, some are good, some are crap. That's about all I can say until I listen to this album more.

7. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Robotnik Radio was the Mini-boss theme? I definitely can't recognize it.

8. jmr

jmr

I hear a reference to the original in the opening progression of 'Robotnik Radio', but that's about it. (it's the same as (or at least very similar to) the progression in the 'James Bond' theme.)
    As an original song, it's pretty good, but it's arrangement is too liberal in my opinion.

9. I got this like the day it came out, and frankly I love it - the only one I have a major problem with is "Knuckleduster." The music is okay, but the lyrics are gibberish. What the fuck is "a trail of head crumbs?" And it's not that I'm hearing it wrong, those are the official lyrics. "Water on the Dancefloor" kinda sucks too. Other than those two, though, I found myself liking the rest of the tracks moderately at worst. "Walk on Water," "Live at the Sandopolis," and "Three Ring Nightfall" are some of my favorites, particularly the latter.

10. I listened to a few. I can tell a strong effort went into these remixes. I personally don't like most of them because they aren't my style. I still commend them for the effort though.

11. Oni Link

Oni Link

Ouch Banned
    Somewhere in the sky
    Silver the hedgehog: Complete Chaos
    Nice remixes music also how you have made images for CD covers is good.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.