don't click here

Sonic 1 GBA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shakidna, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    I was actually looking forward to this, but after hearing about the crappiness...

Fuck it. I'll just play the original on my DS through an emulator.

Now, if only someone would MAKE an emulator for the DS...

-Nick O.

2. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    ...I can't come up with anything witty to say against Sega that hasn't already been said. Fuck 'em, they've got fat. I wouldn't be surprised if Sega closed operations completely within five years.

3. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Just play Sonic 1-3K on the PSP. =P

4. Divisible by Waffle

Divisible by Waffle

Impatient Echidna Member
    Somewhere in Oreeyguhn
    Failing at fixing game cartridges
    Woooow. That's some bad shit there. That's all I can say. Feels like an infant spider monkey with no fingers tried to make a Sonic 1 hack, with music by my brother's Casio.

Nice fucking job, Sega.

5. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Inverted stuck-in-the-floor Sonic gets anally raped by the spike that is Sonic 1 GBA

6. Lath

Lath

Can I safely say I'm the first to hack this? If so will I go down in community history as the first to hack this thing?
    [​IMG]

Sonic's life icon, the sign post, and the shied seem to use a different palette then sonic in this.

Edit: forgot to say, he was suppose to be red but I got the colours in backwards XD

7. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

[​IMG]

8. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    EDIT: oh noes, Emily Sapphire's just beaten me to this! ^^;;

http://sonicdiscovery.free.fr/music/s1genesis_sounds.wav

Ingame instruments samples, 8-bit Mono, 10496 Hz (though this frequency rate is completely wrong -- surprisingly, they didn't use the same as Advance games).

This means they'll be damn easy to replace, yay! A "good" news, finally. :lol:

But, I'll do this later, I gotta go to work as of now (it's the early morning where I live).

9. Nice fucking job, Sega. Did they program this shit blindfolded? They must have had a dart board on the wall, divided only into two halves. Yuki Naka stood there with a dart. Someone had mentioned that one half of the board was "care about devoted classic Sonic fans", and the other half being "whip together a piece of shit in a few weeks to make a quick buck." I wonder which one it hit?

10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

I think a farer comparison would be Yuji Naka cutting a hole in a cantelope, writing "your childhood" on it, and then violently raping it. After the rape, he runs it through a juicer and then shits in the juice.

THAT IS THIS GAME

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sonic Mobile > Sonic Geneses (GBA)

12. Lath

Lath

No offense but none of us are really saying the opposite now are we?

13. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    You're all on crack if you don't see that it's highly likely that this IS modified from Sonic Mobile, AND that Yuji Naka had absolutely nothing to do with it

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I think it goes without saying that Naka had no hand in this piece of crap. He's with Prope, remember? He isn't doing Sonic anymore.

I think it's more accurate to say that since all of the original Sonic Team has officially dropped Sonic, we're in for a WORLD of hurt from here on out...

15. Shade

Shade

I'm honestly shocked that they'd let this out the door.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Doesn't share the same art or object placement from Sonic Mobile. Infact, I don't see any similarites between this and Sonic Mobile, other than that it's a (poorly made) port of Sonic 1.

I already know Naka had nothing to do with this, if he did I am sure it would have been better. They most likely assigned this to a very small team and gave them an even smaller budget.

17. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    From what I can tell, it plays just the same, except that it's somewhat faster on GBA. I'm saying that they probably used the same shitty code. Besides that, though, it does seem to use music based off the same MIDIs, and has a suspiciously similar interface design

I don't know why you'd consider Sonic Mobile to be better, anyway.. I could only guess that it's something like "at least it's only shitty because it's a mobile phone game", which isn't true because it's shittiness is still mostly from the poor programming job

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I say Sonic Mobile is better because:

* It seems to have a more accurate collision system going on.
    * Retains original object layout. In Sonic Genesis they added/removed some objects. They didn't have the fake GHZ wall...
    * Runs faster (for me anyway)
    * Keeps details like when you break through a wall in GHZ, or smash a block in MZ

I am sure there is more.

The only things I see that are better on Sonic Genesis are:

* It has the rotating palette in GHZ
    * It has the Special Stages

19. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    What are you using to play it that it actually runs faster? (If it's true, you may be running from something with more raw processing power than GBA, which doesn't mean the program itself is written to run faster)
    I didn't really think that the collision was any more accurate, but if you actually got it to run faster than I did, maybe you know better. Though, I wasn't arguing that Sonic Genesis is better, just that overall, Sonic Mobile isn't significantly better

Anyway, I'm convinced that the program is a derivative of the one written for Sonic Mobile

20. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Knowing you, you are likely to be right about the programing. I have not way of checking that myself.

I've got it to run at pretty good speeds on various phones, and it also runs OK on the emulator.

The collision is more accurate (to the original S1), I noticed this a lot during playing the game, but it is most noticeable here:

[​IMG]
    (Though I know it's kinda like a bug in S1, so I don't know if this example counts.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.