don't click here

Sonic The Hedghog Xbox 360 Playable DEMO!!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by fuzzbuzz, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    Many Many Programming/hacking tools...
    That's right! Want to play Sonic the Hedgehog for the xbox360 a little early?

Go to the xBox360 Marketplace and download the demo for free. It's 350 MB, and I'm downloading it right now, I'll be sure to let you know if it was worth it :)

Ah, I love my 360.

2. Zeck

Zeck

Downloading right now. =D

EDIT: Wow. This is fun to play, but the demo was wayyyyyy too short. Though, I only played as Sonic. =) Which I assume is a good thing...

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Screens/vids please, and have someone mirror the demo to like Sonic CulT or something... I bet we can find some beta goodies in this (lame ass) fucker.

4. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    Last time I checked, mirroring the demo is impossible, cause you can't get it off the xbox360 HD yet. As for videos, I have a crappy camera and it doesn't take more than 20 seconds of video.

5. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    We all know someone from CulT is going to find a way to get it onto their computer, hopefully in a form that people using PCs can play it in.

Happy X06, I'm going to go check the Japanese official site.

6. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    Yeah, they'll find a way as soon as TeamXecutor releases their next project. It's a USB adapter for the Xbox console and HD.

But that's not for a few more weeks. But yes, they'll buy the tool and do it when it's available, thanks to TeamXecutor.

As for a time when it will be released for the PC, it's going to take the XNA framework from microsoft to do it. Of course, that makes things a little difficult, because there has to be some conversion from the xbox propietary code to windows compatible, which btw, is what the XNA framework is all about, portability. However, it only is super easy if you have the source code. Disassembling the executable file, which is encrypted by microsoft with a key that ONLY they know (for the time being), is deemed impossible as of now, even though people are able to flash the 360's CD firmware view it on a comptuer. People are working hard to crack the xbox360, and until they do a lot more work, Sonic won't be coming to the PC anytime soon.

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Video here. Nothing we haven't seen before, but whatever tickles your pickle.

Also:

8. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

Cool. :) But yeah, the whole Eagle thing reminds me of Super Mario 64. If anyone finds a way to get the music, please zip that bad-boy up. But yeah, the sound effects could get annoying, or it could just be the quality of the video. Either way, this would be one reason why I'd buy a 360.

9. Vangar

Vangar

I liked it when sonic ran a little slower, like in the other demos with the commentary :). Still looks good though.

10. Shade

Shade

Best new I've heard all month. Excellent. Sounds like Sonic team is learning them some old tricks.

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Multiple pathways - YAY
    Graphical Slowdown - BOO
    Badass Robots - cool!
    Slippery Controlls - grrr...

overall: better that heroes!

I really like my (room mate's) 360!

LOL @ IDLE ANIMATION!
    FACKIN CLASSIC!

12. Shade

Shade

The music is horrible. Fix it. Please.

13. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Curse my lack of a 360. :P

Ah well, I'll try to make my lappy run the PC version.

14. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    THe only thing I hated on it are the sound effects and the voice of the guy from the "?" points. =P

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Is it true that simply jumping is no longer enough to kill an enemy?

16. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    I will continue to be pissed until Sega fixes the damn camera...the story looks great, the graphics look great, the music is (mostly) good, and even the voice acting is passable. But the camera has a bigger influence on gameplay than anything else, and it's still just as broken as it was last gen.

17. Shade

Shade

I am honestly in awe regarding how un-Sonic-y the music is. SA2's heavy rock and rap was godly compared to this. "Sir, you got your Final Fantasy in my Sonic". It sounds like nothing except a flawed attempt to sound medievil and epic. And way to ruin the level complete theme, holy crap.

Everything else looks great.

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    IN THIS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD

19. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    Does anyone have a rip of this music so I can hear how bad it is?

20. Shade

Shade

Just watch the video that was posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.