don't click here

Help porting s2 spindash to s1

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by TeRaByTe88, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeRaByTe88

TeRaByTe88

Pending Member
    I've always wanted to port the spindash to sonic 1... but the problem is I just don't know where everything is in the disassemblies... I was planning to port the art (both animations AND dust) and subroutines into the sonic 1 engine but I know little about ASM... can someone enlighten me as I am planning to release this as a patch for people to use in thier hacks...

2. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Start small not big, Do you know any ASM at all? That's the major requirement for porting the spindash.

3. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    I've been wanting to port Spindash to my hack, too. Problem is, I don't know how ASM works, but I'm sure it's more complex than hex. And I'm already terrified of hex. o_O

4. TeRaByTe88

TeRaByTe88

Pending Member
    No I don't know any ASM (the only programming language I know is Visual Basic :P) but someone told me that porting the spindash would be an easy ASM hack to start with before I got into the real big stuff (ie time zones sonic 3 boss routines... etc)

5. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Try out Drx's guide at Hacking Cult and learn from there. Check out some books from the library about 68k or buy some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.