Sonic Adventure 2 Magazine Preview Build

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shade, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Excellent - Do RAR them all up together as well, if you can. :(

2. darkshadow

darkshadow

I remember this. I got it of StephanUks site somewere a few years ago I think.

This is because its a bad rip if I remember.

I uploaded the adxs for you to MegaUpload.

3. Shade

Shade

Well it's odd, because during Knux's and Rouge's cutscene, I heard King Boom Boo's voice in there as well. Knux also said a line in lol Jap. So it literally takes sound clips from all over the place and has the mashed in there chaoticaly.

4. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    So I don't need to upload then?

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Excellent! Be on the lookout for my full comparison in a week or so, and thanks for the upload. :(

Yeah, you're good. Thanks for the offer, though.

6. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    I remember thinking "what in the world" sounded odd... I hate censors.

7. Vangar

Vangar

Yeah, im glad someone noticed it. And mines hardware encoder too :P

8. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    I just downloaded it via an HTTP mirror. Game runs very well in chanka as expected. Expect vids/screens soon.

Things I've noted so far:

Voices are fucked up in this version too, so it might not be a bad rip
    City Escape music is the same as the Trial (Or "Public Beta") released with PSO.
    When setting chanka to wireframe mode, the Magic Gloves area is in plain sight, complete with the upgrade in there and everything.
    Playing this at 30fps = no good
    Sonic no longer has an engrish line when looking at the Mystic Melody thing (In the trial, that used only Japanese voices btw, the subtitle for what sonic says at the ruin is in engrish, this time it isn't) but there's some weird character at the end of the subtitle.

This game appears to be after the trial, what with sonic having his SOAP's and all. Obviously a magazine build, but not an alpha, the trial is much more likely to be an alpha than this. This could have also been a build showcased at E3 2001.,

9. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    So had people really not seen this before?

I have a burn from about 2003 laying about here....

10. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    I've seen this from ages ago, but no one's really bothered to do an in depth play on it and compare it to the final.

EDIT: http://www.sonic-cult.org/!trash/nightsposter.jpg Check your SA2 DC discs, I don't feel like redownloading sa2 final or finding my actual copy but I don't remember this poster

EDIT2: http://www.sonic-cult.org/!trash/demoswitch.jpg Also like in the trial, the switch under here still works, even if you cant break the box.

11. Vangar

Vangar

I was showing off the game to Qjimbo via capturecard sending though the MSN webcam, here's a pic of sonic's shoes glowing in the dark. I'm not sure if that happened in the final or not.

12. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Hm. Sonic's shoes change from normal to SOAP the moment he jumps off the helicopter.

And being Knuckles crashes the game when you try to load the level.

But rofl at the sound in both Knuckles/Rouge cutscenes when Rouge shakes Knuckles. It's either "AAAAAAAAAAH" or "growl". XP

13. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    I can confirm the NiGHTS poster is in the final-for God's sake, it's in the Gamecube version.

Actually, I can only confirm it in the GC version right now. I played it at my cousin's just a bit ago. I noticed the poster because I notice anything NiGHTS in that game, like in Radical Highway, the big NiGHTS head at the end.

14. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    The NiGHTS poster in the GC version is different—it's for a NiGHTS-themed resort hotel.

15. Shade

Shade

The NiGHTs "Lets fly" poster is in the final Dreamcast version, yes. It is not in the GC version however.

16. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    The handcuffs are on Sonic in the final version, I just found out.
    =O

17. Shade

Shade

Fucking hell, that's ANOTHER thing they removed from the Gamecube version! Argh.

18. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    No, it's not, I'm sure I remember seeing the cuffs in the many times I've watched that scene.

19. Shade

Shade

Pehraps my memory is rusty then, but I don't ever recall seeing those handcuffs on the GC. At any rate, they did change a lot in the GC, like removing the "Welcome" grown in hedges on the hill in City Escape, the posters, big the cat, some shadows in cutscenes, etc. Pretty bad stuff to cut out, and so pointless too.

20. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    If anyone is interested, I recently found a huge archive of most of the SA2 Beta stuff from Dream Avenue (before it went down) on my HDD. I've put the page online on my server, but be warned - there are MANY broken links!

http://tomsonic.dyndns.org:90/dreamav/sa2/...nicAdv2_Up.html
    When this was written, Solly didn't have very good English (she was French), so there's a lot of Engrish on this page! I'm happy to say that she has since improved ;)

Here also are lots of screen captures from the beta levels, but these are just the raw files, with no HTML pages linking things together.
    http://tomsonic.dyndns.org:90/dreamav/sa2/Beta/

By the way, is this what you mean by Sonic's Engrish line when looking at the Mystic Melody pedestal?
    http://tomsonic.dyndns.org:90/dreamav/sa2/...a/Images/27.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.