don't click here

Unreleased Megadrive game: Prince of Persia 2

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by drx, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Okay, the thing is pretty easy. It's a community dump. If you don't know what the fuck this is, here's how it works:

1) First, you need to state that you can give money. We need to shell out $300 total. If we get 2 people, each guy pays $150, if we get 10, each pays $30. If we get 20, each pays $15. etc.

2) Then you pay the sum. I accept paypal, money by post and possibly money order.

So far I got two people. I'll update the list when new people come. $300 is really little, for an unreleased game, especially divided by 10 or more people.

drx
    Jurai
    Techokami

Current $$$ per person: $100
    $$$ per person if you donate: $75

Thank you,
    drx

UPDATE: ok, so if you want to pay $30 or something like that and you don't want to be on the list, send everything you can to [email protected] (this is NOT my email) and PM me on this board or email me at [email protected] (please contact me when you send money!).

I guess this doesn't work in general :P

2. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I really wish I wasn't broke right now. =(

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Jesus fucking christ get a fucking job drx....that brings in money

4. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    updated with Techokami. guys, I'm already paying. but dividing money between people helps.

5. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    It's not his job to spend his hard earned cash on something he would end up releasing to everyone for free. It just isn't worth it. Maybe he has money, he is just trying to get the people to help him keep some cash.

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I will donate UP TO $30 on the grounds that hidden-palace (and hacking-cult, if you're willing) affiliate with SonAR.

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I have no money right now (-$6 in the bank :(), but when I get paid, I will see if I can spare any twards this. Don't expect a lot though, maybe 20 or so.

BTW, you get any of those buyatari carts yet? I haven't, and I'm a little worried as he is selling another (looks identical) Bubsy II cart.

8. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Pin'd.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...In "Engineering & Reverse Engineering"?

10. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Well, since it's not an eBay auction or anything, I didn't worry about guests seeing it, as they may also wish to join in order to contribute. I thought about moving it to ML, but I figured that this is as good as any for public exposure. If the consensus is that the thread should be moved somewhere else, then I will do so.

11. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    Thanks for the pin.

As for atari, I didn't get the usual send confirmation from him yet (he sends the tracking info after his wife sends the mail or something). I emailed him yesterday what's up, but he didn't reply yet. And I wonder what's up with this bubsy cart...

12. Jigen

Jigen

We are all one Member
    Is this any different than that SNES Prince of Persia 2? If its the same thing, its not all that terribly exciting.

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I got my confirmation today. :)

14. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    Rika: I know what the problem was... His wife fucked everything up :P

btw, post updated

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah, nobody really has $75 sitting around...

Maybe for a Sonic game, but no...

16. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Wow, it takes 3-4 business days to transfer $ from a bank account to a paypal account. Teh ghey.

I'm working on it.

17. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    k, so I'm waiting for you.

18. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Looks like I'm paying $100.

If you people realized that it would go down to $30 if you pitched in, then I wouldn't be shelling out $100 for this.

I hope I get some recognition for this, yo. I'll mail the money tomorrow, drx (because the post office is closed today)

19. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    it's funny how all the people that paid are from cult *runs*

but anyway, well, people think $300 for an unreleased genesis game is much... when it's not. they would think that $300 for a sonic 1 beta is much, when I could easily sell ALL my things (comp, laptop, all consoles (7-8), tv, etc etc) to buy a sonic 1 beta... :P

20. CheeseBacon

CheeseBacon

I am the greatest character ever. Member
    Flash
    If that was meant to be a guilt trip... then it worked. I'll see if I can find a way to get some money to you if it's not already too late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.