don't click here

Knuckles in Sonic's part of level and vice versa

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by theColombiano11, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theColombiano11

theColombiano11

Pending Member
    Hello there,
    For the longest time, I have wanted to play Knucle's part of the level with sonic and vice versa. I attempted this using debug, but could not reach the endboss and/or the part of the level was cut in half. Is there any way to do this? Thanks, and I appreciate your help.

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    uumm you can do that sort of, playing as knuckles and then changing the character and pallete to sonic. I think the character change is around D47A.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The blue Knuckles trick can achieve this, sorta. It uses Knuckles' physics stats, but I'm pretty sure it also makes you follow Knux's patch in-game.

4. theColombiano11

theColombiano11

Pending Member
    im kind of a turd at hex editing. How would you change this sort of thing?

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    just take a savestate of sonic in the begining of a level, and then knuckles, and then replace about 100 bytes of the knuckles savestate, with a copyed 100 bytes from the sonic one. Starting at D47A

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Why do all that? All you have to do is chang the character modifier to the Blue Knuckles slot.

I just forget where that is. =\

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    more authentic I spose? With this method you can pick up knuckles with tails too :P. No tails with blue knuckles....

EDIT: I have a savestate if anyone can upload the damn thing for me.

8. theColombiano11

theColombiano11

Pending Member
    upload it on rapidshare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.