don't click here

So, Sonic Riders was released today...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sakura Courage Solo, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Well, I personally haven't been able to go out and purchase the game for myself as of yet, but I'll definitely leave my review of the game in this thread probably by sometime tomorrow or a little later, as by then I'll most likely have the game.

But, for those of you who have already purchased/played the game, discuss it and your opinions on said new Sonic the Hedgehog title.

2. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sucks.

Although I only played the demo, it really didn't feel like anything special.

4. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Two words:

BLINDING FART

5. It sporking sucks like spork *RUNS from SCS* =P

Actually, I haven't had the chance to get it. I am br0ke. Although I do want to know something from those who have played it. What exactly is the blinding fart? Is it exactly as the name describes? =P

6. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    The blinding fart is like the flying fuck except a lot less enjoyable, if you happen to be a pair of ducks. :P

7. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I may drop the cash to get it later this week after I visit el bank.

8. Dark Mirage

Dark Mirage

BC
    I'll have it tomorrow. Not expecting anything special, but I already know it's meant to be a more child friendly racing game in terms of controls. In anycase, I expect it to at the very least be Kirby's Air Ride with more depth.

Eeek, this is my last post left too. Hopefully I'll be able to become a part of the boards here permanently... unless I go fucking nuts and create 9 topics with the header "Sonic = Where is his penis?"... but I think I can restrain from it :P

9. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Downloading now. No way in hell would I even consider buying it, I even had to contemplate the expense of a 40p DVD. However, curiosity won over me.

10. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

Lava Reef Zone
    Okay, I have bought and played it now, completing the "Heroes Story" and playing the "Free Run" a few times with Shadow and Amy, and I have to say, I'm a little impressed actually.

The level art is pretty amazing to me, as well as the level build. It has a certainly high level of difficulty, but once you learn the track and how to skate along the air rifts (Which I think is pretty cool, skating along air rifts. n.n), it's actually not so very hard. The only race I found truely hard was Babylon Garden, when you have to defeat Jet. I also like Amy's new look in Riders, to be honest. She NEEDED an upgraded look since her downgrade from Sonic CD/Classic Amy in Sonic Adventure/Advance.

Downsides are that in some of the animated movies, the characters don't move normally. They seem to move exaggeratedly. The 3-D models weren't as good in Sonic Adventure DX/Sonic Adventure 2, but thy moved RIGHT then.

I also have a thing about them using the Sonic X voice actors again, all though Wave's voice... eh, not too bad, actually.

Another naught I have... Babylon Garden is a FLOATING Island? Um, yeah, we already DID the Floating Island thing, didn't we? XD

My one big nought with the game though is that there's NO SPORKING CRUSH 40 MUSIC!! >.<!! Dang it, a new-age Sonic game needs Crush 40! I watched the credits, and Jun Senoue's name isn't in there at all! That so bites...

But otherwise, it's really a fairly good Sonic game. Really provides a nice, fresh challenge for me.

11. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Downgraded? I thought it was called upgrading with the times in terms of fashion.

I wonder if it'd have customizable music. :P (yes, I use an XBox most of the time).
    If it was, I would use Gorillaz music, if for nothing else just for a laugh at 19-2000 while you're going down a track.

12. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

Lava Reef Zone
    Actually, what I meant by that was, her look in Sonic CD/Classic was fine, good and great for her, but she didn't look as good at all in my opinion when they gave her the new Sonic Adventure/Advance look. Most people agree that she looked better in her classic style of the green shirt and brown skirt.

13. Again, I deviate from the majority. I actually like the look of *all* of the characters in Sonic Adventure 1 more than the classic series.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Sonic looks best in 3D via the SA2 models... While a bit tall, careful eyes may notice his stylin' gear and classic style movements. IE: Pushing, waiting, and walking are from Sonic 1. Don't believe me? Go into the Chao garden entrance, get to a side view, and push left on the garden gate. You'll certainly notiice classic references for all 3 main characters - Sonic, Knux, and Tails. Find them all! ;)

15. Artis Oracle

Artis Oracle

Don't Talk Shit About Total Member
    The Spartan Project :: A General Halo Fansite
    I've noticed that before. I started to mess around with the camera and put it ot the side and found the same thing. SA2 FTW! :D

16. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Is it just me or do all cartoon-ish main characters have Blue shirts(or fur) and goggles on thier head? When pointed towards younger audiances, anyway.

17. Ted

Ted

The Original Forum Gay Member
    So basically it's like Kirby Air Ride? I had an enjoyable time with my brother playing Air Ride. Cause we always used to own each others asses.

I may pick up this game (After picking up a couple of other games on the way *coughs*Zelda*coughs*). Because it'd make a good 30 minute fun to play multiplayer to pass time.

18. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    I'm looking forward to getting a used copy of this game in half a year. Which Zelda are you reffering to though?
    I don't really need any multiplayer games. I've got SSBM and Soul Calibur 3. Sometimes I'll bust out the Puyo Puyo Fever or Mario Kart DD, but I've got the bases covered for multiplay. =P

19. Eh, if I wanted snowboarding Sonic characters, I'd just open up S3&K and play ICZ.

20. Ted

Ted

The Original Forum Gay Member
    I want to give it a try. S3&K's ICZ is one path and you can never get enough rings to go Super Sonic.

Oh and I'm awaiting for Twilight Princess to come out in April (June?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.