don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Good for you! That's not what I said though

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Definitely. Superstars obviously is a downgrade from Mania, but it is a decent game. I'm curious how well it's been selling.

3. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    They're continuing the trend of "Weird places you don't expect to have a rewards program giving you DLC for Sonic Superstars"
    IHOP has a Sonic promotion (they've rebranded some of their usual items with Sonic characters) and when you use their rewards program currency in their app you're able to get an exclusive "Retro Diner Style Amy" outfit for 5 Pancoins.

You can also apparently get the full games of Frontiers, Origins, and yeah, Superstars, all for 40 pancoins each. You get 5 for every $25 spent.

So if you have a huge family I guess you'll be able to exploit them by having them chip in on one bill on your account or being nice and paying for everyone yourself.

Considerations: No PC (Steam/Epic) codes are given for the games or for the Amy outfit DLC, DLC is region locked (assumedly)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    If I had a nickel for everytime Sonic Superstars DLC was locked behind a rewards program for some establishment that no one would normally use their rewards program for, well you know.

5. shilz

shilz

To be fair restaurants make more sense for this kind of thing and people DO use their rewards programs / apps. The idea of assembling family and extended family for a big dinner together to get a free game is also not super unrealistic compared to making people buy things they might not normally buy at a store just for 1 specific DLC. which you can also get for having just 1 or 2 meals from the restaurant. Kroger's mistake was not actually integrating into how people already use the system to get new people into that system (and creating a new system entirely)

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    It's not available on PC.

Here is the costume:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Lmfao wtf. The DLC costumes for this are near Batman Arkham levels of bad. I'd almost rather they made them paid DLC.

8. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    The bosses' invincibility frames are finally fixed via the Sonic Superstars X Taco Bell promotional DLC, which gives the player a toxic fart that leaves each boss vulnerable for multiple hits

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    That's really cute. Need more.

They're dropping the ball by not dropping more costumes on a frequent basis, via non-idiotic redemption methods.
    tumblr_n954iw6am41rf5ttio4_400.gif

10. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Back in my day, restaurant promotions gave you real, physical merchandise, dangit.
    [​IMG]
    Now if only I knew where mine ended up...

11. shilz

shilz

[​IMG]

And they call it Retro Cafe...

12. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    By the way, if you have no intentions of using the IHOP rewards program for anything else, you can cheat the system.
    [​IMG]
    Just make an account, set your birthday to next week and you'll just get enough coins to get the Amy skin. Granted, their chocolate pancakes are really good imo, so it doesn't hurt to take a trip to actually earn it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Is there anything else on those Comic Skins? I got them on PS5 but I want them on PC too.

14. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I begged my mom to take us to Denny's so we could get these. Like a rational person, she just went into a Denny's and bought them and surprised me one day with them. Happiest day of my life. I still have them, although I did end up removing Sonic's medallion.

15. Vertette

Vertette

Curse you Americans and your cool promos. We don't even have IHOP. Or Denny's. Or Hooters. Although from what I heard the latter two don't even have particularly great food.

16. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    would also say that I found their chicken and waffles decent too LMAO

17. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    That's really adorable.

Whelp. Guess it's time to circumvent IHop's loyalty program just to get a Classic Amy in a Maid Outfit DLC.

5460eebb0b3af5dfd8c219615178392e.jpg

18. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Last time I went to IHOP there was what looked an awful lot like + - pubic hair   in my omelette so I think I'm going to pass on this one.

Sorry Mr. Iizuka I hope you can forgive me, my Sonic brainrot can only take me so far

(I did get a refund in case you're wondering)

19. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    The IHOP promotion also includes the chance to get Sonic Superstars, Frontiers, or Origins Plus using iHop reward coins.

Origins plus is 30 coins while the other two are 40 which is $150 and $200 respectively but it's still kind of cool especially if you planned on doing a big dinner or celebration at iHop anyways. Frontiers is probably the best deal of the three because it's the only one consistently going for $60 though.

20. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    So Maid Amy isn't coming to PC Superstars? That's a shame, it looks really cute.

What's the other one?