don't click here

Sonic Heroes Remake in UE5 Rumored, So Who Knows If It'll Happen

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Kilo, Mar 25, 2024.

1. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    Ooh! Care to inform me of any major localization goofs? This stuff always fascinates me, as someone who wants to understand these characters' personalities exactly.

2. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Sonic has nothing to say seeing his friend Shadow who had just previously died in a heroic sacrifice except for "Talk about stubborn and full of surprises", even though no one was even talking about those things anyway. The Japanese version doesn't really resolve Sonic's weird oblivious attitude towards Shadow but at least it goes with an SA2 reference instead of just total nonsense.

3. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    Personally I like Sonic just rolling with it

4. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    OK but he didn't just roll with it at the end of SA2, he was the one stuck on reflecting on Shadow and his sacrifice. It's just a very odd reaction and stuck out to me even as a kid. It doesn't even make sense from a casual player's perspective since it's meant to be an SA2 reference anyway.

If they needed an excuse for Sonic and Shadow to fight again, they could have just had Team Sonic react in disbelief, insisting he's a fake clone since they all saw the real Shadow die (;);)foreshadowing;)). Just anything but the nothing the English version goes with.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  5. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    So far from my admittedly short time here, I think you're generally just kind of a sourpuss, so I'd rather not have a discussion with you. But what do you aim to do with that response? I stated that I liked his attitude regarding Shadow, I feel it's in-character for Sonic to act casually about something miraculous like that, it's fun to me. So why did you respond like I made an objective statement to be disproved?

6. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Uhh...I'd rather not have a discussion with you. You're the sourpuss actually.

It's just Sonic ma'am. We're equally entitled to disagreeing with each other.

7. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    Aww, phooey.

8. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    To be clear, I think Heroes's story is kind of dumb and bad in either language, I wasn't specifically saying the English version's issue is not being accurate to the JP version (although it should also be better at that). My problem is that the writing itself, accurate or not, is messy and disjointed. "Talk about stubborn and full of surprises" isn't a sentence that sounds smooth, even if "talk about dying hard..." would be more consistent with SA2.

9. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    What do you suppose is the Sonic game (that was originally written in Not English) that best translates the original script into natural-sounding dialogue? (and better yet, is accurate)

10. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    The storybook games, without a doubt. I guess some of the really small games or games without any voicework might qualify too, but not having to actually hear a sentence spoken aloud does wonders for not noticing if it's actually written to sound naturalistic (Homestuck fans sound off), so it's a lot harder to tell. Unleashed may fall under this too, but I haven't compared direct translations to the EN script with that game. I'm definitely biased against it though, since Chip's english voice pisses me off.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The definitely higher rank quotient of Heroes is exactly why I think it's the one whose remake makes the most sense right now. Sure, a proper rebuilding of SA1 would be ideal (imagine actually getting that alternate windy valley properly) but I think Heroes has the most potential for improvement over what we got, especially depending on how much the remake expands on its source.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Tweets floating around suggest this Heroes remake is actually still being "considered", so this might be absolutely nothing anyway.

13. Vertette

Vertette

From what I've heard through the grapevines it's definitely happening, but feel free to take that with a big bowl of salt as I can't actually confirm it directly.

14. Snowbound

Snowbound

I think a Sonic Heroes remake makes a lot of sense for the franchise rn. Firstly Sega is no longer ashamed of “Sonic’s friends” as gamers actually want to play as them. Secondly Sonic Frontiers has reintroduced combat to Sonic, which was something that previously made Heroes (and the wherehog in Unleashed) stand out. If Heroes is remade I’d be curious to see if they make any effort to incorporate any attributes of Frontiers combat or an increased focus on momentum similar to the Adventure titles and final horizon.

15. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    If it happens, get ready for disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Huh. It seems all this talk about the best adventure game getting remade is real. I assume they are going to include those 3 other games with it as well, though. Just like they did with the original release of Heroes.

17. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Can you say where you've heard this from? Would be pretty interesting if there's more info beyond the few tweets we've seen

18. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Heroes is oddly a good choice for a remake lmao. If they actually update its many issues (controls, level design, general bugginess, etc.), that is. The game has strong theming in its levels and the team mechanic makes for a fun gameplay loop, so a more fun and less buggy version of what we got would be great.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. Wouldn't be my first choice for a remake, but I'm not bummed if this is true. I think a well remade version of Heroes could be a more satisfying and consistently enjoyable gameplay experience than the current SA1 and 2, so let's see what happens I guess.

20. Vertette

Vertette

The only thing I've heard is that it's happening.
    If they could actually fix all of those I would definitely buy it, but it's Sega so I'd go in with low expectations.