don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Patrick Stewart throwing Arnold with Creed playing in the background is... amazing. Oh, and Knuckles is there too.

2. I can't believe we've now seen an official crossover between Sonic and Halo.

3. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Halo 3 & Knuckles when? Need my fix of Spartan/Echidna co-op, haha. XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Well, assuming that music isn't exclusive to the teaser, they've gotten one thing right.

5. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I can't believe it's February already and we still don't even have a release date other than "Early 2024".

6. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Holy shit! That orchestral Live and Learn- And that laugh does sound like it could be Hayden Christensen, buuut at the same time it could also be Jim Carrey's Eggman.

7. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I wouldn't assume that at all based on past form - both previous movies had orchestrated versions of iconic themes from the first two Sonic games featured in their initial teasers, but neither of those were used in the actual films.

Interesting that the account's profile pic has changed to the Eggman logo - hopefully a hint that Jim Carrey's back as Robotnik after all. I can't imagine them doing even a very loose adaptation of Shadow's origin without him being part of the story, unless they literally ditch Gerald Robotnik from the movie version entirely.

EDIT: Apparently he is. The official Sonic Movie Twitter account has retweeted the news too, so there's zero ambiguity that it's actually happening. Best possible news IMO - he's easily the most watchable character in both the previous films, so his absence would have definitely been felt in this one.

8. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Ah, well. That sucks, hope it's not like that. It's not like I've been watching these things anyway.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  10. Spamitex

Spamitex

#1 Knuckles Fan Member
    It's not exactly as cut and dry as that. GHZ was used in Movie 1 & 2. Emerald Hill was just in the teaser, while Mania's Friends got used in Film 1

Effectively we've got a 50/50 more than a 100/No

11. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    While yes, this has been the pattern for the past 2 movies, I don't think people were holding out that much for Green Hill or Emerald Hill in the movie, a cute jingle was all we really needed. But Live and Learn is such a core part of Adventure 2's identity, it's what gets people excited at the Symphony, put a group of Sonic fans in a room and put Live and Learn on a speaker and everyone starts singing along, and fans have been extremely vocal about it's inclusion in Sonic 3. I feel that this time around it's more of an affirmation of "We know what you want, here's a taste."

12. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Fair shout - I'd forgotten that the Green Hill theme did briefly turn up in both films, and the use of Mania's opening theme during the first. Fingers crossed that they'll deliver the goods in this one, then! = )

I've only seen the first film twice - once during COVID lockdowns when I first got the blu-ray, and another just before the second launched in cinemas. The second I've only seen when it was on the big screen - have picked up the home release but still not had the chance to watch it yet. Will have to make sure I fit in a rewatch before the new film releases...!

13. Spamitex

Spamitex

#1 Knuckles Fan Member
    Lol all good, I just wanted to be a least a little optimistic...50% anyways ;)))))))

14. Jim is back and great logo!

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    They really went and dropped Sonic 3 on Groundhog Day. Again. Bravo.

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Kino back on the menu boys.
    What do you mean? December 20, 2024 has been the known date for months now. The teaser even says December.

Oh, unless you're referring to Knuckles Paramount. Yeah, no news on that. Not even an additional teaser or trailer drop.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  17. It's even nicer when you noticed they decided to post the logo in Sonic 3's 30th birthday.

18. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    All the hype has drained away from the Knuckles series. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets only one season, if it's not canceled.