don't click here

Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    I've already mentioned Gens is my 2nd fav Sonic game so the idea of more Gens is just amazing. They could mess up the level design or whatever but I want to believe. The idea just has me so excited.

2. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Assuming this is EXACTLY like Mario 3d world + Bowser's fury, where they're different experiences bundled together, I present:

Fanboy pre-writes Sonic X Shadow Generations (Episode Shadow)
    in Frontiers Eggman says that Cyberspace is constantly collecting data from everywhere, so my idea is that Shadow would (for some reason) travel there and end up interfacing with it like Sonic did, and it would unlock memories and fill in gaps with data collected about him in the last 50 years, while Shadow experiences various pieces of his past again. Takes place after the canon (original) ending of Frontiers while Eggman is further studying and experimenting with Ancients technology, so you face his new experiments with it in the islands and possibly in some of the ancients' original ships.

3. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I don't like this rumor one bit. But I'm hoping for the best.

4. RikohZX

RikohZX

In a timeline where Sonic Team and Sega Internal didn't fill me with dread and I could regularly expect fairly good things like I can from, say, the RGG Studios, this would be an upgrade to Hedgehog Engine 2 with better lighting and PBR applied to the original assets without messing up the art design, upgrades to both Sonic's physics overall, more music tracks unlockable and maybe even more challenges to tackle, the alleged extra Shadow content plus his playability in Modern acts, and an assortment of various minor extras, from more gallery/museum content to maybe even the Genesis versions of the classic Sonic games like how the console versions of Generations had Sonic 1 in there. Plus no delisting of the original.

If this is a remaster with Shadow stapled on and not just leakers huffing their own methane farts, my real expectations are an uglier game, more janky controls (dear lord I can't imagine an even worse Time Eater), more bugs and glitches, Shadow existing really just being a skin more than anything else or his extra stages being Forces/Frontiers Cyberspace "blocks in empty air" syndrome, and ultimately a compromised product promoted over the corpse of a delisted original to peddle a single character's hype for an upcoming movie.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well I had been holding out hope some wires were crossed and "Sonic X Shadow Generations" was a prank to find leakers and that any concrete information people had was actually about an Unleashed remaster since only one of those games is on PC, but I think the timing of this makes it fairly clear that, no, we're getting a Generations re-release with some extra Shadow-themed content. Fine.

6. skye

skye

* It's you! Member
    No doubt all the incredible fanmade output within Generations over the years lit a fire somewhere. Never mind all the rosy retrospectives; you keep something alive with that kind of passion for 13 years, and it's gonna raise eyebrows.

Fingers crossed some of that passion rubbed off on the team, too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

Surely this is just a placeholder for the real title: "Sonic Generations & Shadow".

8. Vertette

Vertette

If we don't get a "New Shadow Mode" label on the boxart of the game I will be severely disappointed.

9. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    How about "includes Baby Shadow keychain"?

10. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Potentially a neat way to bring arguably the best 3D Sonic game to modern systems, but it's got very stiff competition on Steam given how widely modded Generations is. Also not helping is the botch-job of Colours Ultimate, so between that and Superstars, I don't see myself buying this unless there's something really compelling here. If they try to nickle and dime us with another Plus release I'm going to fucking strangle something, but otherwise I'll just keep chilling with OG Generations and eagerly await the RTX mod for that.

11. Wraith

Wraith

New content by none of the people who made the old Generations content sure doesn't sound great. I'll keep an open mind but I'm not expecting much.

12. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I expect it to be basically a separate short game included with the Gens remaster ala Bowser's Fury. They probably won't meddle too much with Gens itself.

13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    inb4 it's "what was Shadow up to during Frontiers?" and the new levels are all new Cyber Space levels (I would be ok with this)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Speaking of, does anybody know how you're supposed to destroy the Time Eater? Every time I play that boss I just hold down boost until something happens

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    That's about the extent of it tbh

16. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    If they don't end up including 3DS levels I deeply hope they at least make the Time Eater boss like its 3DS counterpart, since that iteration is somewhat fun and much more importantly you can actually tell what the fuck is happening.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  17. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Boost in the centre of the screen.

18. #KnowingSmile.

19. This is best case scenario tbh.

Just have more content than Episode Shadow please.

Like a few levels (more than 3) and a boss fight or two are fine with me.

20. Turbohog

Turbohog

Pretty sure there will just be a janky Shadow skin