don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

Will Eggman use his laughing animation from the bad ending of S3&K in Scrap Brain Zone Act 2 and final Zone (I like his smug/bad ending/laugh animation where he has the Master Emerald in his possession if the player doesn't get all emeralds)?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheBlad768

TheBlad768

Russia
    It's hard for me to answer that question right now. This zone is not yet complete. But thanks for the idea...

3. Devon

Devon

A̸ ̴S̴ ̵C̵ ̷E̶ ̸N̸ ̴D̶ ̵E̶ ̸D̶ Tech Member
    your mom
    Sonic 1 if it was good

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    That's cool as fuck. Sega CD scaling I'd assume?

5. Devon

Devon

your mom
    Actually, I was toying around with Chaotix and I ported its 32X program code over to Sonic 1 for the hell of it and learned how to work with it to produce that masterpiece. Take note of the extra colors on screen to display Wario.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Even better.

7. Devon

Devon

your mom
    Sonic 1 if it was even better

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Devon

Devon

your mom
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[​IMG]

Can't wait to make something out of this now~

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  9. Please do. The world needs more 32X.

10. pixelcat

pixelcat

The Holy Cat Jr. Member

11. DaxKatter

DaxKatter

Heya peoples, figured I'd show you a small little update on the Mean Bean hack. So we've finally managed to get the crumbling floor animations working! We also managed to get a new board for Versus Mode in the game, which is Board B from Puyo Puyo Tsuu (now with Lava Reef's palette)
    Green Hill Crumbling Blocks.gif blastem_20231118_001130.png

12. DeltaW

DeltaW

Previously DeltaWooloo Member
    20231117_175250.png
    Ported this to a Sonic 2 hack of mine. I might release a video of it in action in the near future.

EDIT: here's a vid of it in action

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  13. EDIT: More accurate version, original below.
    upload_2023-12-20_10-4-17.png

Original Post:
    upload_2023-12-19_20-55-46.png
    It lives...
    (artwork is lifted from Tails' 30th Special, placeholder; star borders simply mark potential overscan warning areas)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  14. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Happy New Year folks~

I've been working primarily on backend things; bug fixes, maximising/minimising, snapping windows, adding object controls like scrollbars. Nothing terribly cool or worth showing off, but definitely essential.

What I have done which might scrape your interests however, is added keyboard support. After being directed by pavone to some half-arsed defunct C code for some shitty commercial OS, and working out what data is returned from the peripheral, and thanks largely in part to BlastEm's support of the XBAND keyboard, we've got support. Though, unless I can get my hands on an actual keyboard or someone who has one, it's only speculation, both on my software's part, and on BlastEm emulation's part. But it's the best option right now. The alternative (which I'll try and support too) is multi-tap with multiple 6-button controllers and mapping each button to a key. But that might be extreme, hopefully XBAND is enough.

Here's a few screenshots for the new year, this one being a loading screen, which in fairness isn't needed right now as the boot time is practically instant. But as the ROM gets larger, checksum gets slower, and loading in Mega CD PRG-RAM code, it all adds up and eventually the screen will be needed, so I'm ahead of the curve for that:

[​IMG]

...and featuring a text box (typed into using the XBAND keyboard), and an early demo of my calculator which can support some reasonably large numbers!

[​IMG]

I plan on getting significant quality of life stuff out the way, more object controls in, and bug fixes done, and then maybe later during the year I'll show case a video of this in action. I might have something really surprising for you by then, maybe even a release! =3

15. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Sometimes I imagine the people at Sega who designed the MegaDrive watching this forum, thinking 'No no no NO IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT STOP!'

It's really mind blowing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Actually, I think they would be relieved. Hideki Sato sure was proud when other developers made it sing.
    src

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG SPECIAL EDITION000.png SONIC THE HEDGEHOG SPECIAL EDITION001.png
    Still working on that Green Hill Zone port to Sonic CD; got the title card working... mostly.

18. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Kinda rusty, but let's see where this goes.
    upload_2024-2-3_13-2-50.png

19. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Ooh I see some cram dots

20. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    That's Blastem for ya. I make sure to include it in my screenshots to show it's actually in game and not just a mockup.