don't click here

Daytona USA 2 (Sega Racing Classic 2) and Fighting Vipers 2 are coming to Like A Dragon Gaiden

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by aria, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

Still happening with Arcade Archives (sans online play), and to a lesser extent games like Capcom Arcade Stadium. Don't know why Sega is currently the only one of the legacy arcade developers that can't do something like that.

2. Xilla

Xilla

I was playing Daytona 2 in an arcade earlier with the Mitsuyoshi vocals. Guess it's an oversight in the Gaiden version.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    One of the service menu settings in Daytona USA 2 switches between the two vocal sets.

4. Xilla

Xilla

IIRC in Power Edition the region has to be changed to do that, which requires a certain combination to be pressed on the service menu using the V.R buttons.

(This machine was on the St James default)

5. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Finally got my hands on the data and it seems instead of one emulator file for each game like they did for Model2 (even though seemingly all the emulators contained configurations for all the games), there is only one emulator for Model3, and there are references the following games which are not included in LADG: Virtua Fighter 3, Virtua Fighter 3 TB, Sega Bass Fishing, and Spikeout: Final Edition.

EDIT: Missed two: Virtua Fighter 3A and Sega Rally 2!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  6. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    VF3 TB, Sega Bass Fishing, and Spikeout Final Edition have all been officially revealed to appear as playable arcade games in LaD 8.

As for SR2 in Gaiden, it seems the Mitsuyoshi vocals are straight up missing from the ROM used there. I did the code holding "start" (timed it so the menu doesn't pop up until after the in game screen appears) and it seems the code worked (because the spinning Troop sign on the beginner course was replaced with a tire) but the Dennis St. James vocals still played.

Seeing how Gaiden it self is still getting more updates/patches planned (for the English language patch) they could always improve on this. Also weird they weren't able to make a 3D model of a Daytona 2 cab but instead used a yellow painted OutRun deluxe sit down instead.

7. aria

aria

growl from the digital haze Member
    i saw soned2 supports chaotix five minutes ago
    I only saw this now, but Sega Rally 2 makes me so excited. I hope we see it in 8 or a future title.

8. Trippled

Trippled

would it be illegal of sega to have scud race and sega rally 2 with its licenses in the game but not playable unless modders dig out of the files?

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Doubtful. But once it's found out there is the possibly to sue.

It's happened before with things anyway.