don't click here

Sonic Dream Team (New 3D Game from Hardlight, coming to Apple Arcade December 5)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wouldn’t say Amy is necessarily the star more than the others, more that it looks like Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles share gameplay with Amy, Cream, and Rouge respectively

2. Kiyana

Kiyana

I like the rail grinding and that new stage Looks interesting. Still would like to see more than 13sec of gameplay and a little bit more of the story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    It's mostly on an artist by artist basis. He had them on his model in Adventure, in Murder of Sonic's sprites, and Uekawa likes to draw him with them occasionally.
    IMG_7840.jpeg
    IMG_7842.jpeg
    IMG_7844.jpeg
    (he also had them in unleashed if you want to be petty but that one's obvious :V :V :V)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Felik

Felik

Huh, I've never actually noticed that. Which is weird because I instantly noticed when they took away Knux's saw teeth from us and when they gave and immediately took away Blaze's fangs.
    But yeah, that'd be cool.

5. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    For now, you can find bigger versions of the Mac App Store screenshots as well as the ones of the official homepage -> here.

You must choose your next Apple device wisely, for there are 4 different resolutions:
    Apple TV:
    [​IMG]
    iPad:
    [​IMG]
    iPhone:
    [​IMG]
    Mac:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  6. synchronizer

synchronizer

I’d go with mac. Most useful for other stuff and least sandboxed. The iPad would be second place if you’re an artist looking for a good digital tablet.

7. Stranger

Stranger

The key may be the word 'speed'. Sonic and Amy will almost certainly be parallel characters as Cream and Tails will be as well as Rouge and Knuckles. The other pairs might be described with flying and climbing/gliding respectively in future promotion. There's also the matter of the icon with the swap indicator. That might relate to the 'Team' part of the name somehow.

As for Cream, maybe you start with 1-3 characters and unlock the rest/alternates as you progress or achieve certain objectives.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    The iPad seems the closest to an actual toy, so I'd probably go with that. The rest would be wasted on me, I'm afraid. And besides, I'd be very surprised if this turned out to play well with a controller.

9. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    I thought all apple arcade games had controller support by default? I'm sure they'd put time into supporting different control schemes.

10. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Playing this game with touch controls doesn't seem so bad, though. It might even be the preferred way? Movement-wise, I mean

11. Souplike

Souplike

I just do stuff, I guess... Member
    Aquatic Ruin Zone
    Chaotix Re-Bound
    Yea, I didn't notice how it said "speed". I can very well agree with that. It's fine that the characters are parallel to each other, but I also wished that they give them unique abilities as well. From what I can tell, this doesn't seem to be the case.

12. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Dream Team hands on impressions
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sonic-dream-team-hands-on-impressions/
    -Compatible with both physical and touch controls
    -Levels have multiple routes, including character specific paths
    -There are multiple missions per a level
    -Dev says the game takes inspiration from Mario Sunshine
    -There’s a “magnetic mechanism” for things like rails and such to ensure the character automatically “snaps” to them when trying to jump on them

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The game is unplayable garbage.

14. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    According to this article, it seems like it will be a collectathon??? That's an interesting direction to take Sonic. Each mission gives you a collectable and you need a certain amount of collectables to progress. Basically the same structure as Mario 64. Frontiers already felt like it was taking Sonic in that direction, but this game seems to fully lean into it. I will be very interested to see how this game turns out.

15. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I've been itching for a collect-a-thon Sonic game for a long time. So maybe I'll say fuck it and get the Apple Arcade subscription to try it out.

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    The main dev team makes a very confused open world action combat game. Meanwhile the mobile game team locked to Apple Arcade makes peak gaming.

Sonic the Hedgehog, folks.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    May the Lord have mercy on our souls.

18. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I think both are awesome personally, I'm pretty excited for this and I already loved Frontiers (+ it's dlc) so I'm eating good.

Though I swear the more we hear about this game the better and better it sounds, but there's still the monkeys paw of apple arcade exclusivity casting a shadow over all of it. I really hope it gets ported sometime after release, like even just a year after initial release would be fine as long as it happens eventually.

19. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Most games on Apple Arcade are made with controllers in mind. Theyre supposed to be actual videogames.

How many have you played before you said confidently this game wouldn't run well with a controller?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    It just sounds like the structure of a 3D Sonic game I always wanted, while Frontiers was the game doing everything I never wanted, lol. I'm really glad this is happening, but I also feel a bit bummed knowing Sega/Sonic Team will probably look at this game and go "well that's the mobile games" and not take any notes from it. Because this is a formula I feel is worth exploring!