Sonic Superstars bug thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ch1pper, Oct 21, 2023.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The special stage rings make a ring chime instead of a warp sound when you enter them.

I don't know if this is a bug but it makes me irrationally angry because it is WRONG. Boycott this piece of TRASH

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. Xilla

Xilla

I just tried to replicate this as Super Tails. He can't bypass the boss, and neither can any of the characters using the emerald powers. It seems this glitch/oversight is Super Trip exclusive.

3. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    On my PC version, when I enter a giant ring, it makes the "Boooom" noise that is made when you take a hit from an enemy while wearing a shield, which is so wrong and distracting.

4. Xilla

Xilla

The drowning sound being the standard "hit" sound is somewhat irritating too :V

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I think this might only happen when you have a shield (at least, it only seemed to happen some of the time and all the times I recall it happening I had the shield), which makes me think this is an issue with how stuff is despawned before the special stage is loaded.

6. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I've had music cut off completely or sometimes two tracks will weirdly overlap with each other. Like, the boss theme will start playing while the level theme is also playing. Noticed it usually happens after I cancel Super Sonic. Playing this game on Switch if that matters.

7. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    A couple of Zones into Trip's story, I've consistently encountered an audio bug by reaching the boss area transformed into Super Trip - as soon as she auto-detransforms, it plays the stage music instead of the boss or mini-boss theme. When the boss is defeated, it tries to play the stage music as usual but doesn't stop the version that's already playing, resulting in two copies playing at once out of time with each other. This goes on until the score tally, which happens in silence, as both tracks fade out properly but the end of level jingle refuses to play at all.

I believe this is also what happened to me in Golden Capital Zone Act 1 during the main Story Mode, as I think I'm right in remembering I was transformed into Super Knuckles when I reached that boss area.

8. Pengi

Pengi

The game keeps track of which gold Badniks you've defeated (there's one in each Act) by displaying an icon on the Act select menu. But if you lose a life after defeating one then it doesn't count, even if you reach a Star Post. You either have to backtrack and re-defeat it before completing the Act, or start over.

It's unclear whether this is a bug, but it's not good.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Almost certainly not a bug -- medal counts resetting on death seems entirely intentional and given the lack of life count, rankings, or end-of-act special stages (a la Sonic 1, CD, and the two S4 episodes) they had to do something to reward/mandate skilled play, therefore golden badniks

10. mister_jay

mister_jay

UK

Unsure how to embed Twitter/X videos these days, but I seen a friend clip through the same boss as Sonic but was able to stop a softlock by using the avatar ability:

https://twitter.com/KingRhodesTN/status/1714728829967532402?s=20

11. I’ve been hunting for these now and it surprised me that it didn’t save upon dying. I actually thought that you could just jump in and out like with emeralds initially before realizing you had to clear the act.

I don’t know for sure whether this is intentional or not. However, like @muteKi, I lean towards it being intentional.

By the way, these guys are pretty tricky to find. I’ve been doing it as Sonic and you really need to take advantage of the emerald powers in most cases. Bridge Island act 2’s took me a good hour of looking. It’s a pretty fun addition IMO. I also like how they used Tails doll in Pinball Carnival, even if I had to go online to check that it was indeed the target and not its own Easter egg.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Medal counts are reset on death? That explains why my first-run's count was so low...

13. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    There's a weird texture on the base of the shooting thingies in Egg Fortress Zone:
    20231029175036_1.jpg

You can run into the trail of sparks you leave when you're super or you've selected an Emerald Power:
    20231029203116_3.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    During the first phase of the final boss in Trip's Story, when Fang sends out his six insta-kill lasers in the second half of the fight, very occasionally one of the laser pods can get confused and clip under the floor rather than floating above it. It only happened to me once in my two-and-a-bit hour run, so it's possibly a very rare occurrence.

15. That Xbox-only 1.07 update from last week seems to have improved the input lag problem. Some guy on Reddit who actually has the other versions to compare with says it's still there, but probably unnoticeable to people who haven't done a direct comparison at this point.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    This one actually gets even better. When going through the credits as Super Sonic after the true final boss, you can actually run into the rings that are being magnetised to you from behind.

17. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

-Bring back Knuckles glide speed and bounce physics from S3&K. He also has problems sticking to walls sometimes

-fix Sonic’s bounce physics after doing a jump attack with drop dash.

- make each character a little faster. They all pick up speed and move slower than Origins and Mania.

I’ll think of more headed back to work lol.

18. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    So…..I finally got it for PC today and my old laptop actually handles it much better than I would have imagined. The occasional lag has actually been helpful.

HOWEVER, I have yet to get past Speed Jungle Act 2 as I either become stuck in the tunnel lodged in the crux of a junction OR stuck between red bumpers in the tunnel junctions OR I fall out of the stage and die. I actually found a Speed Jungle version of the Mystic Cave pit of death. I deem this the Speed Jungle Pit of Purgatory.

Frustrated isn’t even the right word. Bugs galore. I think I fell off the stage and died once in Bridge Island Act 2 as well.

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Act 2 or Act Sonic, because if you're dying of a pit in act 2...that's really incredible

20. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Spam jump under an Item Monitor after allowing it to fall & bounce on your head and you will likely fall through the ground.