don't click here

Rate the Sonic ________

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Kampfer, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Game: 8/10
    2D Level: 7/10
    3D Level: 4/10
    Character: 9/10

2. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Game: Sonic 1
    Rating: 7/10
    Great game, but Sonic 2 completely blew it out of the water, refining the gameplay and varying the types of terrain Sonic traversed through greatly.

Stage (2D): Green Hill Zone (S1)
    Rating: 8/10
    The inevitable 'grassy stage' that has come to define Sonic's opening levels. Gets higher marks than the overall game, because some of the later stages were a bit blander. Music is completely unforgettable.

Stage (3D): 'Eaxtra Stage' Green Hill (SA2)
    Rating: 6/10
    Nostalgia factor, plus the classic sound effects loaded just for this Sonic-only stage. Shame they didn't disable his extra abilities here. Didn't transfer well, as you bump into things that were merely background in the 2D version. Also impossible to score a perfect due to how they implemented the S-tunnels. Never managed higher than C rank.

Character: Sonic the Hedgehog
    Rating: 7.5/10 (taking all character evolution into account)
    Was cool when he kept his muzzle shut. As soon as he started speaking, he started trying too hard, and inevitably failed. A little too self-centered for my tastes (Tails was cool by him as long as he didn't get in the way, but at least he didn't leave the fox to his own devices the first time it happened), and doesn't realize what he'd have if he'd slow down and let Amy get closer to him.

3. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    We need a [TIMEZONE] tag or similar so that the board software will automatically shift a time the necessary number of hours either way to fit with the reader's timezone. I don't know what the offset is for Central.

4. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (MD)- 7
    A great game on its own, but the Genesis sequels blow it out of the water in almost evety facet (Special Stage can't be beaten)

2D Level: Green Hill Zone (S1)- 8
    The pure classic chiche that every Sonic Zone 1 is based off. Green grass, rolling hills, the right mix of tropical badniks and a few good traps to still keep it challenging. Points off for the walls you have to roll into to get through. WAY too much time to gather up speed.

3D Level: Green Hill Zone (SA2)- 6.5
    A bit over-glorified, but the nostalgia factor alone is warrant enough for earning. Not every badnik and object is there, and the twists and turns are unnecessary, but just the memories give such value to this stage.

Character: Sonic the Hedgehog- 7
    The "Cool Blue Hedgehog with Attitude" has certainly changed over the years. VA aside he' still the cut loose hedgehog who plays be his own rules that we've come to know and love.

5. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (MD) 8

2D Level: Green Hill Zone (S1) 6

3D Level: Green Hill Zone (SA2) 7

Character: Sonic the Hedgehog 7

6. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (MD) - 9

2D Level: Green Hill Zone (S1) - 8

3D Level: Green Hill Zone (SA2) - 6

Character: Sonic the Hedgehog - 8

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

My Scores:

Sonic 1- 10/10
    GHZ (MD)- 9.5/10
    GHZ (SA2) 8/10
    Sonic the Hedgehog- 10/10

Code (Text):
    1. Games
    2. 1st- Sonic the Hedgehog (MD)- 8.05 (26 Votes)
    4. 2D Level
    5. 1st- Green Hill Zone (S1)- 8.50 (23 Votes)
    7. 3D Level
    8. 1st- Green Hill Zone (SA2)- 5.79 (24 Votes)
    10. Character-
    11. 1st- Sonic the Hedgehog- 8.36 (25 Votes)
    Sorry for the late arrival for today's scores, but it was a busy day.

Next Poll

RATE!

Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2)
    3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2)
    Character: Knuckles the Echinda

Poll closes 11:09 PM January 5th 2006! (Central Time)

8. Shade

Shade

Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles = 10
    2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) = 9
    3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) = 5
    Character: Knuckles the Echinda = 10

Masterpeice of a Sonic game, next to Sonic CD.

Chemical Plant is a great zone, but not one of my absolute favorites. It felt too "on-rails" at points, and some parts were a bit cheap. Great stuff though. Was very fast, challenging, and had some of the best tiles/pallete in the game.

Crazy Gadget: Bleh. Every SA2 level is trash IMO. Way too Linear and too realistic looking, all of them. The nod to reverse gravity from Death Egg and the slight challenge is all that gives it points.

Knuckles: One of the greatest Sonic characters ever.

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles = 10
    (I loved everything about this game)

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) = 8
    (This zone was good, but it lacked something)

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) = 4
    (all the later levels in SA2 felt the same. Not very creative, but I still love the game)

Character: Knuckles the Echinda = 7
    (wow, he is like the only character that hasn't changed)

10. S3&K: 15/10 : P
    Sonic CD was my favorite Sonic game for a very long time until I finally got S3&K. The singular best ever traditional Sonic game. The Special Stage mode is especially fun, and Sonic/Tails co-op is awesome too. It had it all. (although Sonic CD still owns)

Chemical Plant: 9/10
    An awesome level. Also, amongst my favorite classic background music. I love the ramp design, and the whole layout is just really cool. Only reason it doesn''t get a 10 is because of a few areas where it's irritatingly easy to drown.

Crazy Gadget: 4/10
    ...Odd level. Interesting to the eyes, but the rather forced and linear rail use sort of brings it down. Also, too many holes. Nobody likes holes.

Knuckles: 25/10
    KNUCKLES PWNS J00.
    Has always been my favorite Sonic character. Is plain and simply cool, no explaination needed.

11. IcePak

IcePak

Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 10/10
    Simply the biggest and best Sonic game ever created. The gameplay has plenty of variety, a lot of speed, and enough new features to keep the franchise fresh.

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) - 9/10
    A great level, with plenty of speed runs, and enough slower-paced, strategy-based gameplay elements. Probably the best level in the game come to think of it.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) - 5/10
    It had it moments, but felt too mundane, and generic. Probably the wekeast of Sonic's levels in this game.

Character: Knuckles the Echinda - 9/10
    A great, independant character who added to the series, rather than appearing as nothing more than someone else in a line-up of uninteresting characters.

12. Jigen

Jigen

We are all one Member
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 9/10
    Simply the best of the Genesis era

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) - 7/10
    Rather good design, but for some reason I don't really like playing the level.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) - N/A
    I've played the game, but can't exactly recall this level

Character: Knuckles the Echinda - 10/10
    A great addition, unlike many other characters, and my personal favorite.

13. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    One of the best Sonic games, but I still think Sonic CD has an edge over this.

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) - 8/10
    Good level design, fast paced, but seems to have lost it's edge now. Good in the day though.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) - 6/10
    I guess it was ok. Probably the hardest Sonic level in the game though.

Character: Knuckles the Echinda - 9/10
    Well thought out character, and not just Sonic in a wig. Wish they'd have kept the original Jamaican accent though.

14. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles- 10
    My favorite Sonic game EVER. It has everything a Sonic game should be about; speed, multiple paths, a puzzle every here and there, and a just reward for getting all the emeralds.

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2)- 7
    A great opposite of Emerald Hill Zone showing that not every level ahead will be sunshine and daisys. The water parts though really throw it off because the blocks move at the same speed underwater while you are slowed down. I lost many a life to the underwater block ladder tower.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2)- 5
    The bane of Sonic Adventure 2's existance. There are too many enemies popping up when you finally get some speed. Artifical Chaos set to 11, and that DAMN COLORED BLOCK SEQUENCE!

Character: Knuckles the Echinda- 9
    The perfect rival for Soinic. Being a match in speed plus his own unique abilities make for a great additional character. Gliding and wall climbing always make for unique paths for Knuckles and his Hyper form is just awesome.

15. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Very good game. Showed what Sonic is all about.

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2) - 5/10
    Never one of my faves. I'd rather have skipped straight to Aquatic Ruin.

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2) - 6/10
    Bit too complex, especially the gravity altering.

Character: Knuckles the Echinda - 8/10
    He was pretty cool, but his character got old fast. "You stole the Chaos Emeralds! Eggman gave me a signed confession from you!"...

16. Blazer

Blazer

1st poll:
    Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (MD) - 9,5
    Definitely one of the best games ever.

2D Level: Green Hill Zone (S1) - 9,3
    The design is perfect. One of the most memorables stages ever.

3D Level: Green Hill Zone (SA2) - 7,9
    It hasn't the charm of the original one, and it has only two types of badniks.

Character: Sonic the Hedgehog - 10

Robotnik: Ha ha ha ha ha! I bet you weren't expecting this. The only way you can get to me is through the Sky Deck, and I doubt you could make throug. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    Sonic: Oh, yeah? Well, I'll show you! Bring it on!

Robotnik: I want all of the Chaos Emeralds! Better not interfere or else!
    Sonic: Or what, you big loser?

Sonic: This game of tag is boring. I'm outta here! (the Big Foot appears) Hmm, finally decided to show up, eh? Okay, bring it on!

(Outside Space Colony ARK -- Cannon Countdown: 21min)
    Knuckles: Hey, Sonic!
    Sonic: Whoa... I wasn't sure if I could pull that one off. Somehow I managed o use the Chaos Control...
    Knuckles: Chaos Control...? Are you okay?
    Sonic: I'm worried about Tails and Amy. I hate to ask, but could you help them? This is our last chance! I got it, before the cannon fires, I'll slam dunk it in there!

2nd poll:
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 10

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone - 8,5

3D level: Crazy Gadget - 7,9

Character: Knuckles the Echinda - 10 (not so great as Sonic tough)

? Knuckles is the slower character of S3&K, and he is a lot slower than Sonic in the 3d games too.

17. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles: 10 / 10
    2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2): 7 / 10
    3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2): 4 / 10
    Character: Knuckles the Echinda: 8 / 10

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You know you can skip that part. You just have to have enough speed and time your jumps. I always skipped it so I could get an A.

19. Kampfer

Kampfer

Sorry, the first poll closed yesterday.

20. Miles3298

Miles3298

Game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    100/10. I never got annoyed by anything dull in this game. I lost my saves-with-all-14-emeralds-plus-all-levels-cleared-with-99-lives-and-continues on the genesis plenty of times and always admired getting all my stuff back. I simply loved this game. =P

2D Level: Chemical Plant Zone (S2)
    5/10. The level layout is quite boring. The music is kind of annoying yet pretty catchy at the same time, so there's a small plus. The thing about Chemical Plant I really like is the rising water part. I always say, "Happy birthday Tails," at this part because he always dies there when following me. XD [edit]: It's Tails that dies, not the easy getting-to-top-part-by-jumping-once thing that I like. =P

3D level: Crazy Gadget (SA2)
    3/10. If another 3D Sonic game comes out with the smallest hint of Eggman yelling at you during a regular level, I'm never buying another Sonic game again. Anywho, this level sucks in too many ways. I absolutely hate pitfall abuse. You can't keep your speed anywhere in this level. Too many places you have to grind. That's all I can say... =\

Character: Knuckles the Echinda
    3/10. He's way too easily tricked, too easily upset. He moans about being the guardian of the gay-ass emeralds and masster emerald way too much. He never puts his strength to good use. He IS a cool character, and he isn't "just sonic in a wig." I'll give him that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.