don't click here

Tails Tube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Mar 24, 2022.

1. No Japanese audio on this episode. That’s disappointing. I can’t stand Knuckles’ and Amy’s voices. Knuckles’ is just bad and Amy sounds like she’s 40.

I don’t care for Amy’s lampshading of why they changed Fang’s moniker. I did kind of appreciate Knuckles’ barely audible, “I like his hat though.”

Anyway, I don’t mind if the series continues with its non-stop references, self-reflexivity, and general masturbatory writing that borders on fan fiction as long as it’s contained here.

2. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    The Japanese dub will be uploaded at a later date, according to their twitter.

https://twitter.com/SonicOfficialJP/status/1711879546386153628

Anyways, I love how even the TailsTube episodes are met with such incredible division. Going between posts like this:

and this:

Is giving me whiplash, but at least it's funny.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Not really feeling this new “Asshole Knuckles”. Why would Sonic, Tails and Amy even hang out with him if all he does is talk shit?

4. Wouldn't be a problem if he was allowed to eat shit :V

5. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I wonder if that was a small reference to the hat we wears in the OVA.

6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    upload_2023-10-10_21-6-58.jpeg
    Allow me to thoroughly celebrate the death of that stupid shitty split worlds theory and classic character never existing in the modern era.

(And the canonizing of GG Games too)

7. penBorefield

penBorefield

Living in my best life Member
    Basement
    Patching things up
    Is it though?

8. Sega are always changing their minds about this shit, but its a lot simpler to just say "this series takes place on a fictional version of earth with a linear timeline" as opposed to... whatever the fuck they were going for.

9. KaiGCS

KaiGCS

Didn't Christian Whitehead mention something about a "Mania universe" once? Maybe Iizuka saw it the same way as the Mania team, who were developing the game from the perspective that the post-97 games basically didn't exist. Then that split was represented as a narrative choice in Forces.

10. upload_2023-10-11_0-53-48.png

11. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    He interpreted Mania as being a post-Generations timeline.

The split was a thing a few years ago, as confirmed by Ian Flynn in the BumbleKast (though I don't think it was defined if it was a timeline split or a different dimension). But it's over for a while, and officially confirmed now.

EDIT: Actually, TailsTube #4 had already confirmed that Classic Sonic was Modern Sonic's past, so at least it couldn't be a different dimension.

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Them acknowledging Chaotix, Fighters and SegaSonic onscreen is making the lack of rereleases of those games increasingly maddening.

SEGA, seriously, I will buy another Origins DLC if you put all the missing games back in.

13. penBorefield

penBorefield

Living in my best life Member
    Basement
    Patching things up
    Do they know how to port Knuckles' Chaotix though?

14. Ah, crap. It even said it in the description of the video. I was at the gym and didn't read it.

I assumed so. That's how I understood it at least.

Even if my tone was a bit harsh towards the general tone of the brand, I genuinely don't mind this stuff for Tails Tube. The format is already a bit 4th-wall-breaking inherently, so having constant metatextual elements and references to stuff isn't as off-putting as when you're trying to be immersed in a video game.

15. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    They used actual footage from the games except for SegaSonic which got a brand new artwork... am I the only one who find this strange ?

16. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

We had no way of capturing new footage from an arcade machine ourselves, and Sega doesn't allow us to use footage captured from an emulator.

• Informative Informative x 21
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. MH MD

MH MD

At least Sonic the Fighters is available as a game in Lost Judgment and the soon-to-be-released Yakuza 8 Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I mean, no? Not really. That's about as much of a win as telling people that Xenia exists and Fighters runs good on it.

19. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    What? Why?

20. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    That’s fascinating, considering how lenient SEGA is with romhacks and the like, not to mention that it’s their own IP in the first place.