don't click here

Sonic Superstars: A New 2D Sonic Game (Fall 2023)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DefinitiveDubs, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I feel like he MUST have wanted to talk about the comic books but SEGA wouldn't let him

2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    [​IMG]

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The Cybershell video is good but I don't think it's as good as his previous Fang video; you can definitely see the difference between a video he makes for himself and a video he makes for Sega. Still, a fun way to promote the game and engage with the community. I'm glad they did it.

(I'm also amused they chose him of all people given how scathing he often is towards Sega as a company)

4. Vertette

Vertette

Do you think Cyber will keep on making "fuck you Sega" jokes after this? I mean, if Stealth can keep on insulting Sega and still get hired by them...

5. Londinium

Londinium

"Fuck you Nintendo"

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I want to see him do a rating for every boss in Superstars. Using the same scale he's used for bosses before. =P

7. I remember he mentioned something along the lines that Sega would never work with him... looks like he was wrong!

Though this explains the video. I had it on in the background and it sounded like such a nothing vid. He sounded a little sarcastic or like he was putting on a character from the first line. I was also curious that he never complained about the name change and treated it as if Fang was always called "Fang the Hunter." I genuinely thought this was some kind of joke or parody of corporate videos.

I guess I should have read the description :P

8. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    [​IMG]
    JOEBRO! DON'T GIVE THEM OXYGEN! JOEBRO! IT'S BAIT! THEY'RE USING YOU TO FARM CLICKS! JOEBROOOOOOO!

9. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    don't worry I didn't click it

10. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    After all the shit he has said about Sega its so funny so see him working with them! Is Cybershell a member of Sonic Retro?

11. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    If there isn't a Sonic Superstars bonus video, we riot.

12. Linkabel

Linkabel

You can now get that newsletter Amy skin on Steam.

[​IMG]

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    So what's the general temp on this game atm?

Are people here excited? Worried? Indifferent?

I'm personally not like AMPED, but I do feel like it's gonna be a super solid game that will be extremely replayable and have a great OST. It seems like it'll really feel like a proper homage to the classics, even if leaning closer to NSMB than Mania in reverence and passion.

15. If he is/was, it's not publicly him. He mentions it frequently, so he likely lurks at the very least.

I’m pretty excited. I’ve finished Frontier’s update, so I’m looking forward to this a lot now. I’ll need to preorder from Amazon JP to get those stupid cel-shaded skins tomorrow. I think I’ll throw in a copy of Samba De Amigo while I’m at it. Going for a complete Sega JP Switch set so I may as well make the most of the shipping. Then I’ll probably grab an Xbox version on release day so I can play right away and sell it after.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
  16. Londinium

Londinium

The Sonic Origins fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth, I'm worried Sega will push another stupid Plus edition that makes my previous purchase a waste. That and I'm conflicted as to whether I should stay on my PS4 or save up and switch to PS5, further complicating things is whether or not a PS5 Slim is coming out soon (I'd rather get a Slim).

17. KaiGCS

KaiGCS

I'm hyped as hell and counting down the days! Seeing it was a relief, and to be honest, I don't think I'd even be here without it.

Most of Frontiers' changes weren't really to my tastes, so considering what Sonic Team said about how it was a new direction for the series, plus the fact that it sold so well... and it had been so long since Mania, I didn't think they'd ever follow up on it. I was worried that it might be a super long time before they made another Sonic game that actually appealed to me again. So Superstars' reveal was an absolute shock!

I don't know if it'll exceed the heights of Mania (I know at least one person who's played it says they think it will), but I don't need it to. Based on what I've seen, I'm positive it'll be, at least, a great Sonic game in a style that fits what I love most about Sonic, and if we get that, I'll be more than satisfied.

18. Mookey

Mookey

I'm not convinced it'll be some 5th or 6th coming of Sonic (hard to tell how many times Sonic has come at this point) but it should be alright. Seems like it might be an Advance-tier Sonic game at least so it should be fun, but I'd be glad to see it turn out to be better.

19. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    More gameplay of Pinball Carnival and Cyber Station.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Saw that the Amy skin is now available for Steam so I went to sign up and...
    upload_2023-10-6_9-6-12.png
    Why?????

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List