don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Arrow keys/WASD is frankly a perfectly fine substitute for a d-pad. For the most part, the only real advantage controllers have over a keyboard when it comes to 2D games is comfort, IMO. Though Origins must have a really bad config setup to make it bad to play on keyboard, considering basically every game in the collection only needs the arrow keys and three button keys at most...

2. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I got Frontiers on the PS sale and will play up to Ouranus again in lead up to the new update. Wasn't a fan of the game but am interested in trying out the characters in 3D. That's been a big wish for a long time.

Im also curious to see if the game is any more enjoyable with the updates. Anything I should consider when replaying.

Also picked up Resi 4 Remake since I've heard it's good.

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    A very useful video which showcases why people like Frontiers while not being fanboyish and self aware.

I'm honestly quite excited to play it again with a new perspective.

5. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    bickuribox12 is one of my favorite Sonictubers.

Do you think he appreciates being called a Sonictuber

6. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    He definitely enjoys it a lot more than rotmg. Sega actually cares about Sonic and the franchise unlike Deca and that game. He seemed very burned out in two of the instances I ever spoke to him back then.

7. MH MD

MH MD

Lot of important improvements are still behind Sliders in Options, some are obvious like removing Slots on screen whenever it appears, turning off Cinematics when preforming combat attacks, some can be easy to miss like Jump Deceleration and Deceleration Rate

[​IMG]

They are set to 100 by default, turning them all the way down to 0 you will notice immediate differences in momentum, some would like to set it like 10 or so, you can try tinkering with it and see what suits you the most

8. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

I didn't even realize you could turn off combat cinematics or instantly restart Cyber Space levels until people mentioned you could online.

9. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    I haven't played the Sonic Birthday update much but I never realized how extravagant the new platforming sections are, makes me wish more of the memory token segments were like that! Might need to check it out when I replay it before the third update.

10. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    As long as you don't group him with the wrong kind of Sonictuber, I don't think he'd care. He definitely makes some of my favorite Sonic content on the internet.

11. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I don't think the new control options are very good. Just seem to make the game even more slippery. Sticking to default controls.

12. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

That looks so kickable.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I'm gonna buy one and do this to it
    [​IMG]

Kidding of course, but I definitely really am gonna buy one of these sage plushies. I think she's really adorable, plus i like how the design is riffing on great eastern's other rei ayanami plush. Fitting considering the character is definitely inspired by rei.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  15. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    The eyes look like glued pieces of paper

16. JackBz

JackBz

It has immense "mom said it's my turn to play Xbox" energy

17. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    You know, I think probably the coolest thing Sonic Team could do with + - The End   would be to reveal their identity to be a specific entity that ties in to another series Sonic Team has worked on...

"I have been called many names over millions of years.

The Galactic Destroyer. The Corrupter. The Dark Force. The enemy of the Great Light.

I am Dark Falz. And you are nothing."

(I may be a bit biased due to being a massive crossover nut, but still.)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I kinda love it and want to squeeze it. I wish it’d say hateful things when you squeeze it.

19. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Looks like it’d fit right in the Pokémon BDSP remakes as a new generation antagonist (but they had absolutely no expansions over the originals)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  20. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    If we rip off her hair, would Sage become bald? I'm assuming that's the case

Speaking off, why did we all want to abuse this plush the first time we saw it?