don't click here

Unused sprites in Sonic Advance?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ragey, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I love how you act like you know what you're talking about.

2. Yeesh, I think it's about necessary some of you get a better look at these.

[​IMG]
    These are two frames of the small Chao sprite. And next to them is a Tiny Chao Garden sprite. Note how they look significantly different. =0
    Colours from that SADX mouse cursor I linked to in my first post.

[​IMG]
    And this is one of the large Chao sprite's animations. It has a large variety of movements, and just about every facial expression from the console games' Chao Gardens is there. Any idea if it's used in a multi-pak game?

3. Miles3298

Miles3298

Those are mostly versus mode sprites. Zero discoveries here. The weird chao sprites are from the Chao Hunt (multi-pak only). The weird monitors are used only during multi-pak mode (not counting the ring ones) for facking up opposing players.

There's all that needed to be said about it fact-wise for those who're still confused. =P

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That really clears things up!
    Wow, looks like they might have planned a less-Tiny Chao Garden or something. Are all these graphics stored near the final TCG ones?

5. Strangely not, they're nowhere near anything related to the Tiny Chao Garden. They're pretty close to Amy's sound test sprites, is that means anything though.

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Large variety of movements? I doubt it's used then.

7. Miles3298

Miles3298

It's used for the damn versus mode... It's the starting up screen sprite (NOT the waiting screen). =P The chao says its mood (based on the comparison of how many wins and loses are in your player record) on a "Hello" screen before the actual playing begins.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Kinda wierd to see how so many not-hidden game features aren't documented anywhere in the net...

9. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    And yet somehow it seems that the community has lost his purpose.

We still haven't scratched the surface of some games, namely the 3D ones. Advance stuff isn't all that documented because few people have played the multiplayer games. For all we know there could be lost sprites for Soniclash ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.