don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I think it's simply the fact she has the exact same control scheme as S3K Origins Sonic that makes it a bit of a letdown. Like yeah, the effects aren't 100% the same as Sonic (I'll take back my 'better Sonic' critique as it seems her Drop Dash doesn't carry any boost in momentum), but the controls and gameplay flow are it seems. She's not the next Tails or Knuckles or even Mighty where there's new strategies to mess with in terms of how she interacts with the levels.

I think if there were more details like the Hyper Amy attack, it would be interesting an addition. I'd rate using Amy a LOT higher even if they added her downward slam and spring exploit from Advance 1. Not her WHOLE playstyle, just those things that made her so distinctively fun to spam in levels.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It's a losing battle friend. The people are satisfied with a vanilla Amy. It's time to move on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. RikohZX

RikohZX

Honestly I'm disappointed that we're still gonna need mods to unfudge the sound quality issues galore. But has there been any hint of 3&K being less wonky? I'm not even talking collision, because that's just an inherent part of the changes.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I don't think anyone with obsessive knowledge has gotten an early copy. Even then, it's best to wait until the day 1 patch to see if they held off pushing everything major until the last second.

6. Lurker

Lurker

sleep Member
    Shame we didn't get the Sonic Jam alt. object placements(even though I personally don't like them). Would have added some value to the compilation. My old Saturn can barely play my child abused copy anymore and I wish more people could experience it.

7. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I'd be interested to hear how he knows this, but I expect he'd be unable to answer it without perhaps saying something he shouldn't. Even if Origins was the "complete" package that was planned to release, I reckon Plus was always the intention if the base sold sufficiently well, and at that point I think there's little distinction between that and base Origins just being purposely unfinished.

8. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    • Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

According to the video leaks, I think this DLC will be pretty good. We did not get the Amy we wanted but they have fixed a lot of bugs and glitches. I hope they fixed the one glitch where the super versions of characters get stuck on loops in S3&K. That was irking to me. That cannot happen. That glitch is not in the Genesis version or Sonic 3 AIR.

10. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

goes beyond the drop dash; cause this means Roll Lock is entirey removed from 1 and 2

ironically even, the drop dash is the thing here that hasn’t been changed; but I never really cared about the one frame spindash thing anyway

11. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Can we stop dooming now? Thank god.

I highly doubt this is the only bug fix. No, they're probably not fixing the menus, filters, or music (sadly), which does suck, with the latter 2 being worth making noise about the most. But if they're fixing this, other gameplay issues will at least be somewhat patched up. And I spent some time with the (Non-Plus) collection last night and realized how much better shape S3K is in as a whole.

The collection will be fine, and I'm sure these fixes will be patched in for non-DLC users too. I can now finally recommend Origins to the general gamer population without too much issue.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  12. Terios 3&K

Terios 3&K

Blue spheres guy Member
    Finally the dropdash is fixed, very cool, now the only thing I want to get fixed is the save files, I don't mind how they look or not having multiple slots to choose the character from, I don't think changing that is a must (and they are not doing it), I just want the completed save files to take you to a level select instead of the last level and I will be very happy with this DLC

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Looks like Sonic 1 drop dash is still a 1 frame spindash, just feels so wack to me that they will shortcut a new ability all the time, Sonic 1 is never going to properly get drop dash is it? not even sega ages got it right.

14. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    What's the issue with it being a 1 frame spindash? I mean that seems like a reasonable way to implement it quickly, I can't really tell the difference..

15. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    I'm not lowering my pitchfork until they've fixed the blurry graphics. I've stated from the start that for me this is the bare minimum.

16. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    https://www.youtube.com/@sonicstadium/videos

Lots of gameplay videos going up on Stadium's channel.

Including some much needed official Knuckles CD Gameplay.

And Knuckles' gameplay so far is virtually identical with the modded version. Fantastic to see. And the player perfectly demonstrates why he is such a perfect inclusion for exploring in CD's stage design. So glad people will finally be able to experience this officially!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's inconsistent with the Drop Dash in other games. And frankly, it's sloppy. SEGA are charging a premium for this game, and they chose to implement the Drop Dash themselves instead of getting the teams who made Mania, the mobile remasters and Origins 3K to do the work properly.

There's absolutely no defending SEGA doing the job "quickly". It's more correctly called "slap dash" and "half arsed".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  18. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    A slap dash drop dash.

19. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    We have patch notes for Origins:

"Sonic Origins version 2.00 update patch notes
    The patch notes via the PS4 update history are below:

• Sonic Origins: Expansion Pack (or Plus Content Pack) was added to the game, and the ranking specifications were changed to coincide with the release of the Expansion Pack.
    • Additional button configurations for wireless controllers via Options.
    • A new route was added to some Zones in Sonic CD’s Anniversary Mode.
    • The web manual can be viewed offline via the Title Screen.
    • Bug fixes".

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The drop dash is fine.