don't click here

How To Play Sonic CD - in depth video guides

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by PimpUigi, May 30, 2023.

1. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member

I figured a thread would be good here for feedback, discussion, etc.; Part 2 will be WW Act 2, but after that I was thinking CCZ?
    I know it's a lot to take in at once and my presentation is not of the most professional quality. I'm more interested in getting the information out there.

2. As somebody with misophonia your voice is good and there's no wet sound in the voice and you're not too close to the microphone. Your video is handy and gets straight to the point. There's some random pauses in the speech though which makes me wonder if you have a script nearby? I don't mean pausing the game, that's handy and is good teaching. :thumbsup:

3. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member
    I don't have a script nearby, and honestly those pauses in my speech just drive me insane and so I had someone else watch through the video for me to find my editing errors. It's a semi permanent side affect from my chemo therapy.

They call it 'tip of the tongue syndrome' and someone at work even told me it's like I have "searching for your script syndrome" and we had a good laugh.
    If I took the time to write a script for each segment however, I would have less pauses in my voice because I could memorize what I'm supposed to say. So I just may do that for future videos with less segments. Wacky Workbench was a big one and was originally going to be both Acts. I realized that was going to be like an hour and a half long though. lol

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  4. I just watched the first 5 minutes to see what you guys were talking about. Anomic aphasia (which is what I assume you're referring to) is a huge fear of mine actually lol. It's just an anxiety thing, but every time I can't think of a word right away, I am like, "I have it." Then I end up testing myself until I can recall things to my satisfaction. I didn't know you can get it from chemo, so there's a new fear haha.

That said, it's not that bad, but I can see it putting off viewers though if your goal is to grow. Instead of writing a script ahead of time, you can preserve some of the "conversational" or spontaneous feeling, which I think is nice, by making the next video using the same process and then using a transcriber to generate a script. Then just rerecord the whole video using that script.

You could also just cut the pauses in editing. When the game is paused, you can quickly cut out the dead air and the accompanying section video all at once. It's a bit trickier when the game is running, as you will end up with either the video running too long while you wait for it to get to the next line, or you'd have to cut and jump ahead which impedes the goal of being a beginning-to-end guide. It may also just end up taking longer than rerecording a fresh take.