don't click here

Sonic 3K - Huge inconsistency

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Orion, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orion

Orion

I was playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles, as Knuckles, and after Carnical Night noticed a massive inconsitency, and a really wierd one too.

At the end of Carnival Night 2 after the boss, Knuckles fires out of a cannon, but for some reason he teleports into Ice Cap. o_O

Any clues about what's going on?

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    uuhhh your not supposed to fight the boss as knuckles

3. Orion

Orion

... You're not? XD

4. Seven Force

Seven Force

Eggman has seized Mobeuis! I wonder what's for din Member
    Knuckles is supposed to use a teleporter below the boss area. Remember where Knuckles flips the lifts on when you're Sonic? It's beyond that wall, and there is another lift below that Knuckles uses to access this area.

5. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Carnival Night zone 2 with Knuckles is damn easy, with no boss fight, and take you 2 minutes by taking the way below. You only have to break the wall at the right, once you are underwater at the beginning of the act. At the end, you are teleported. It's the direct opposite of Sonic way, that is long, with a boss fight, and pretty hard, at least for a beginneer.

I took the Sonic passage with Knuckes once too. Well, there is nothing too exciting.

6. Orion

Orion

I've always taken this route... how odd.

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

Lemme guess, you glided after you left the speed boosteres at the begining of the act and went up the elevator thing.

[​IMG]

Yeah, they forgot to block off this path, you're suppost to go down where water used to be on Sonic's path.

8. Orion

Orion

Yep, that's the one. I'm used to taking that "shortcut". I'll have to try the real route next time through!

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Isn't there a bug that prevents you to use the teleporter sometimes?

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    If you try going there as Sonic, it won't work. The object is programmed to check the character used. If you're Knuckles, it'll work. If not, it'll abort the object function.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Of course, I meant playing as Knuckles. I remember being forced to fight the boss, but perhaps it was just a debug-related bug.

12. Oo;; Works for me just fine.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    ...really? Every time I tried using that teleporter, it never worked for me.

Remember, this is CNZ. Are you sure?

14. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    If you enter that area with the teleporter from above (the vertical gravity column thingy that Knuckles activates in Sonic's game), the egg prison won't appear and the teleporter won't work. It's only if you come from below, which is Knuckles intended path. And onyl Knuckles for that matter, if you try with Sonic it won't work, and if you move I believe it'll crash the game.

Interestingly enough, with Super Sonic it's legitametely possible to enter from below using knuckles path without using debug, though I suppose that's known already. Just a fun design oversight I like to exploit sometimes for fun in my completed save file XD

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Nice to know there was some explanation behind it.

16. Yeah, positive. I never feel like going through half the level so I just use the second controller and fly Sonic up there via Tails. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.