don't click here

Sonic Riders gets an anim? intro?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Yeah, I know, but we have been wrong once before. We all said Rush would be shit and look at what it became. Besides, I'm not judging it off the boxart.

2. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Sonic Rush is still bad. It was worth buying it though (which I haven't done yet).

3. Shade

Shade

I agree with Trigahd. This really is looking decent for a spinoff, and I base that statement off actual gameplay footage. I can deal with the shoes and character models because they are only for this particular spinoff series. Rest assured, if it were part of the main series, I would kill. I only hope the horrid new characters (Jet possibly exempt) stay in this spinoff universe.

And if you ask me, we really haven't seen a Sonic game as good as Rush since Adventure and Sonic Advance.

4. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Sonic Team went too far this time.

Attached Files:

5. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Jet is Shadow! Look at the boxart pose, the chest, eyes, even the formation of the hair! GAH!

6. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    LOst's talking to himself again. Get the strape jacket!

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I never recall you seeing me talk to myself before.

8. Shade

Shade

LOL'D. Also, isn't it "Straight Jacket"?

Also, nice pic LOst. Geez I love you guys. So insane :lol:

9. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You are not so bad yourself, with your reviews and great posts to read.

10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    This game so far has accomplished awesome box art and and official art. THe intro's pretty nice too.
    Sonic Rush and then this? Maybe the Sonic Team is actually like, trying...
    We'll see.

11. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Please, someone else say that they see a similarity to the official art style of recent Mr. Driller games.
    [​IMG]

Why do all the characters have goggles, but won't wear them?

12. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    I love how the 'R in Sonic Riders is emphasised XD

Anyone willing to get the video and upload it someplace else?

13. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    IGN has it now.

14. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

This looks like it will be better than Sonic R. The new characters look better than Cream, Big, Emerl, and Blaze, put together.

15. Shade

Shade

You're missing the point, Heran. Its "ExtReme", just like the new art style. Everyone knows you can't be cool while riding an extReme airboard unless you have an extReme set of goggles and extReme Rider boots :P

I actually think Blaze is a good new character (that, ladies and gents, is indeed a rare event). However, I'd say Sonic R and Riders aree really in two totally different ballparks. I mean, sure they both involve racing, but this one is more speed and trick based, while Sonic R was a tad on the exploration side. Everyone compares them just because they both involve racing.

At any rate, the only new charcter I really like so far, design wise, is Jet. No matter how they pan out though, I would prefer the stay in this spinoff series. I can't imagine them being useful elsewhere anyway.

16. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    [​IMG]

Inspiration from the greatest, duh. =P

And yes, this game is looking to be really good. Will buy, if it's a PS2 release.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I find it kind of fishy that they're trying so hard in having good artwork and intro, while the game itself still seems to have a different feel to all that. =|

Is this a Sonic Team game to begin with? After all, Shadow The Hedgehog isn't and S.T. seems to be getting the credit, right?

18. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

Shadow is a Sonic Team game, I have the game and it has the logo on the back of the box.

19. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Shadow was developed by Sonic Team USA (who also developed Heroes and had a large hand in the development of SA2), wasn't it?

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I just know somebody said otherwise at some other topic, that's why I'm wondering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.