don't click here

Sonic Boom Moves to NYC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, May 22, 2014.

1. Random present, that could be fun!

Seriously, Retro, who's all going? I want to get drunk before/after with you people :(

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Debating. Ultimately comes down to how much I spend on PAX Prime booking and if Retro peeps feel like splitting a room. David the Lurker and I played with the idea of a road trip since we're somewhat close to each other.

3. That's awesome, I'd love to shake David the Lurker's hand.

Gene, I'll give you a fist bump.

4. Ryuki

Ryuki

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'd gladly switch places with you Ryuki, so it's not all bad.

6. Linkabel

Linkabel

The Sonic facebook page confirmed Tracy Yardley is going to attend the event and sell sketches and sign autographs.

7. That is awesome. If I saw the right sketch, I'd definitely buy it. I wonder how much something like that would normally go for

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I really should ask my mom to send my copy of Sonic 2006 my way so I can have Iizuka sign it.

Just for shits and giggles.

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Do you want your copy of Lost World back for this? :specialed:

10. Gene, I kind of want to go and buy a copy of 06 now for that. Can you imagine if he had to sign like 50 copies of that shit? Could start a movement, and gently remind him to never create such a product again.

11. Falk

Falk

Please don't break Iizuka. We need him for next year's Sonic game.

12. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Er... Iizuka never created Sonic 2006. In fact he said that not working on 06 and Unleashed helped him to see what was wrong with the series.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Right. It was more to be a cheeky bastard than anything else. I already had him sign Sonic 3 and SA1 (along with Senoue. Fitting on both accounts and I'm happy with that.) Only other Sonic thing I'd want signed is my Sonic 1 from "the big three."

I said I want him to sign crap, not a half-baked cake. Though by that reasoning, I could just take Shadow, Heroes, or SA2.

14. Oh, I thought he had worked on it to some degree because I knew Naka had left during the development.

Ah well. Er... I didn't think I would ever make a mistake about Sonic worth an "Er" but there you go. I have Er-red.

We're ten days out. I have a feeling virtually no one from Retro will be there -_-

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm backing out purely because money and more important things to do (like not failing grad school.)

That, and honestly, if you've seen one or two Booms, you've seen 'em all. This year, remove one Johnny Gioeli, substitute with Ted Poley and Tony Harnell.

Have an event breakdown.

16. Ah, shit.

Well it so happens I wanted to visit my friend in NY at some point this year, so it was rather serendipitous they picked NY this year. It's my first one, so I'm excited, but I get why it'd be meh if it wasn't your first one.

No QA with Iizuka-san, so I guess I'll have to ask him my questions about Big and Super Emeralds ( :v: ) while in the autograph line.

If anyone from Retro is going, please post, we'll shake hands and what not. My friend has 0 interest in going to this thing.

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'll be there. Pretty excited too

18. Lambda

Lambda

I'm going as well! Just look for the guy in a Sonic shirt!

19. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    From my experience, that doesn't really narrow things down. :v:

+ - Actually, I think most of us in the 2012 group didn't wear any Sonic stuff.  

20. Lambda

Lambda

I know. I was just joking. But I'm guessing you know that.

+ - REALLY? Wow. If there was ever a place to wear one of my 10 different Sonic t-shirts, I'd think this is the place. And when you say "group", do you mean Retro?