don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Maybe so it can release on XBLA first? I remember this being the case with other releases too.

2. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Interesting choice of grammar.

Wonder if there'll be any PlayStation Plus discounts? That'd make my inevitable quadruple dipping more palatable.

3. http://majornelson.com/2011/12/12/coming-this-week-to-xbox-live-arcade/

Looks like no Xbox release this week.

4. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    That's a shame. Why is SEGA's marketing for this so shit? I'm aware that on the surface this is simply "Sonic CD on XBLA", but a great deal of effort has been put into making this a new and fun experience, you'd think that SEGA would be some effort into letting people know it exists.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yep. Sega's marketing for this game has been pure shit. We get 2 Sonic 4 styled trailers and nothing. Not even a real release date.

Regardless I'm getting this game on the PS3 so I should see it wednesday. You know what watch this game come out on wednesday anyway on XBLA. It'd be dumb as hell to just come out but so far, this seems to be the common trend.

EDIT: Even the PSN blog doesn't mention Sonic CD coming out, yet the product page does say it's coming out. It seems very possible we'll get the game wednesday regardless.

6. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, I dunno. It's a rerelease of a game made in 1993; as far as I know, those don't usually get tons and tons of dollars tossed into advertising, since they're largely for a quick buck.

7. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    You would at least think SEGA would go "Hey look, this one actually had some effort put into it"

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This one isn't just a quick port though. SEGA doesn't even advertise the new features in the trailers.

9. That would be a pretty bad thing for them to say, actually, because I'd think they'd WANT people to still buy the shitty Backbone ports they have on XBLA and PSN right now.

That, and it would be EXTREMELY unprofessional to say it anyways, because that could be seen as them sorta insulting the people who did their ports before.

10. Falk

Falk

Ken's dropped "we'll reveal more about EP2 after CD goes live" kinda implies that the level of exposure/marketing should at least be somewhat relative to the whole Sonic 4 chain. That it's a remake of existing content should be irrelevant. :(

11. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    I'm stunned that the release date and price hasn't been announced THIS close to release. Then again, I'm not.

Just buy it when it comes out. I'm sure there will be a SEGA blog post.

12. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    The reason I don't buy SEGA MD games on Steam is because they are all ROMS in a crap emulator, I'm going to buy Sonic CD because I know it's different. SEGA need to let people know that it is a full, quality remake with extra features, otherwise people are just going to dismiss it as the usual shit.

13. Krilnik

Krilnik

Coming from the worlds most reliable source - Wikipedia states it comes out errr....today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_CD

"Digital re-release
    December 13, 2011"

14. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I'm loving the PS3 backgrounds, I have the Bad Future Stardust Speedway as my current desktop right now.

Hope this comes out soon, I would love to buy it.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Today? Where do you live it's still 5PM on the 12th over on the US east coast

16. Krilnik

Krilnik

Australia. It's 10AM here.

17. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    The PSN updates on Wednesdays in Europe and Australia. If it does release on the 13th, it would be for the United States, Canada, and Mexico only.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well that makes sense. I don't know when Australia updates its stores and what not so eventually I guess? Just hang tight.

Well if it's Tuesday for us it's likely Wednesday for you since it'll pretty much be the same time. I never understood why Australia is considered Europe when it comes to these sort of releases. Australia is about as far away from Europe as possible.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Have a Developer Diary.
    Don't have a release date.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZkrXaBkl0&feature=player_embedded#!

This one is actually rather worthwhile in my opinion.

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Holy shit the animation was high quality in that. Also the UFOs were different colors so I'd have to assume this is Taxman's version.