don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Mar 18, 2011.

1. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I like Hez too. He's as fast as Sonic, but has the ability to break things with his face like Knuckles, and doesn't glide!

2. Deef

Deef

Nope. Just fly right and go pick it up.

3. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [​IMG]

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    /headdesk

And now all that time trying to get as many rings as possible is wasted :argh:

At least I have a shitton of extra lives now :v:

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [​IMG]

Tails vs The World

If you choose Sonic with tails following you, Tails can do the peel-out move, because he is copying you. However, if you choose to glitch to the "cluster" character, occasionally he'll do it in mid-air too.

Man, I love this game.

6. Deef

Deef

It's like the game isn't content with glitches that make sense. Crushers warping you through the ground - ok, that's been done.

No, Sonic Classic has to use special stages as some kind of between-zones shield preservation tank, stick you in a level halfway through the game randomly when you try to change the monitor settings, and glitch itself into loading up characters that you aren't even supposed to know about.

7. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    When I hit spikes in the falling bonus stage my sprites turn into Nack the Weasel, he's even mocking me.

8. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ;_; Shadow playable, omg...do want now xD

9. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Just to confirm about the + - Sonic 3 sprites, they are a secret to unlock with the challenges, as well as the Sonic 2 sprites.  

By the way, for those who want to play + - Bridge Zone, open your SClassicf.ini file, search for your save data (what is after the tag [save1] or [save2] etc...) and change the number after "level=" to 8. Now play the game, push "start game", choose your data and it should bring you to Bridge Zone. I think you should start an new game on an empty data to experiment this, just to not lose your normal save data by playing with the level number. In this zone, Shadow's chaos control move is pretty useful because of the amount of pits : (copy the link and remove the "*" symbol to see the picture) h*ttp://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9876/shadowbridge.png  

Other than that, I stil can't complete one single "ring frenzy" challenge, it just doesn't work even when I get all the rings and finish the level...

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Is there anyway to break the ini file to unlock all the challenges?

11. Tichmall

Tichmall

Yes, but you have to + - unlock at least one challenge of each kind to know what name it has in the ini file. Or guess them. I guessed all of them except for the ring frenzy challenge, I just can't find what name is used for it in the ini file.   :v:

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wait I'm sorry I meant secrets. I have all the challenges unlocked I just don't want to do them. I really just want to play as my Metal Sonic

13. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Any chance of addressing or fixing the framerate issues?

Also I don't think it's very nice you guys digging through Hez's fangame like this.

14. Tichmall

Tichmall

Same thing as the challenges, you have to guess what it could be and write the right name, I'm afraid.

Sooooo + - what is the name of the "ring frenzy" challenge in your ini file please ?   :)

15. Deef

Deef

@Tichmall
    I can't get those things to work. :/ Still keeps loading the same level.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Isn't this whole site built off of digging around old Sonic games? I know, that's different, but still. Also regardless I should know what is up with the strange Metal Sonic and friends cluster, since those are my sprites.

17. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    and how do you get to play as Shadow? I haven't got it yet...

18. Tichmall

Tichmall

Try to go to the save data select screen, highlight your game (for exemple "save 2"), and then open you SClassicf.ini file, find the "level=" line of your save data (here [save2]), change it to 8, save the ini file and see if it changes the level preview picture in the game. If it does and shows a blue and yellow level preview, then it'll work. If it doesn't, then uuh... I don't really know. :(

19. Deef

Deef

Nice, thanks :)

20. Miles3298

Miles3298

On the character select screen on a new file, press the crap out of the left, right and Button B keys. Eventually you won't be able to do anything but change if Tails is with you. Hit left a bunch of times for good measure (you won't see it do anything) and that should pick Shadow from the extra ones.

His chaos control move is pretty darn useful for skipping stuff.