don't click here

Can't Touch This Battery

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MarkoMan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Well, I just grabbed a 4Shared account. Try it now.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Dude, this is sick! It kind of fucks up around the chorus, but those fit together pretty damned well.

If you want, I can get you the instrumental for the song so you can try and extract the vocals. Should fit a little better then.

3. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    Amazing mixup, sounds interesting with the original bass and treble intact! I've done the same thing with an acapella which made the voice sound a little flatter but ill upload the result tonight, you rekindled my interest in this mix :)

4. This is awesome! Is this your work? If so, I excitedly wait a completed version, if it is in the works. :)

5. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Life.
    Yeah, sure. Thanks for the help. :)

At this point I've listened to it enough that I don't notice the jarring major/minor chord mix any longer. I was intrigued by what it turned into the first time I heard it, and usually I hate that about mashups. But nabbing the vocals should help smooth it out more. Thanks in advance; it's much appreciated.

Awesome, good to hear. :) I'm curious to hear how your take on it turns out. Would love to compare notes, etc.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I'm sorry, but am I the only one who can hear that the chords are off for the second half of each four-bar section? Particularly the third bar in each section; Emerald Hill has a Bb chord while Fuck You has an F, and that difference just rings straight through my head and hurts my ears.

7. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    This is epic, seriously! But since I pretty much never checked out this topic before, and I'm too lazy to search this topic now, what song is it?

8. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Life.
    @ DigitalDuck: I recall mentally noting that when I started, but now I've heard enough that I've become numb to it. :specialed: Normally though, yes; differences in chords like that freak me the hell out. Like I said, it was a quick proof-of-concept to see if it would even work. I'm making a note here: "Half-success."

@ Selbi: Thanks. The original song is "Fuck You" by Cee Lo Green.

9. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    It's short, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't awesome. :) This is truly the Emerald Hill/Cee Lo mashup as I had imagined it, and it sounds great.

10. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

By Yuzoboy.

I tried hiding my laughter upon seeing this, its sounds too uncanny. =P

11. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    While we're on the subject of mashups, does anyone know if it's possible to completely take the vocals out of the Sonic Heroes theme song? I've got a great idea for a mashup.

12. Now that I give it a second playthrough, the Evening Star music seems a bit loud in many places in the song-- drowning out the vocals a bit much. Anyone else notice that or am I just tripping?

13. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    No, you're not. And this was intentional only for the final video you see now. But I didn't want to, at first.

Why? Because Wiggers Mostly Gay kept tagging my video for copyright infringement and thus disabled the audio. Nothing on You is still a very young song, and thus WMG doesn't like people posting music that's selling and still on the charts. I tried uploading my video with my original mashmix over and over again, but I kept getting the WMG audio block. I didn't want to risk filing a counter-claim and getting my one million view YouTube account ass blocked, so I resorted to altering the video's audio you hear now.

I increased the tempo by .00# seconds, and I inverted the Nothing On You track, and to be finally sure that WMG didn't blast me with another claim, I increased the volume for Evening Star by two notches.

I was lucky YouTube accepted the final version you see right now.

As I've said many times if you want the original, untainted version of Nothing On Evening Star, download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?651jwu3a272dgsg Unless the audio balance was already a problem, I hope I don't need to go back to this project again. =P

I apologize if this caused grief to people who wanted the best of my mix.

14. As you said many times? I saw it mentioned once in the thread. =P The version I'm listening to is from the first Mediafire link you provided-- it says it is the untainted version. Is this link a different MP3 than the one you linked, at this link? http://www.mediafire.com/?651jwu3a272

This'll be a moot point of course, when I get to go home in about 12 hours or so.

15. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I go to other forums and happen to say the same thing too. =/ My bad.

16. Oh no, don't apologize, I just wanted an excuse to go Overlord on you and use "=P"

17. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    Thanks :) Just a rough demo I did to see how it sounds. Will complete this eventually after I polish up a few other requests and ideas.

@Okei - The music does seem loud in some places but its a minor imperfection that doesnt take much away from the overall remix. Good job!

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Wow, they go together so nicely it's unbelievable, nice work on putting this together! (I think I'll be listening to this all day tomorrow)

You know, as soon as I read the word "Inspector Gadget", suddenly, for some reason, it's like I noticed right from the beginning (even though I didn't in all honesty), also the way they were put together in that vid is hillarious just hearing it intentionally having it's intro being broken up and repeated several times over =P

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Honestly, I just assumed that it was common knowledge that Mystic Cave is deliberately similar to Inspector Gadget. It never occured to me that something like that wasn't confirmed.

20. Sweet! Can't wait. You and OKei are cranking out good tunes.