don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Wow, it got worse.

2. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

So now the voice of Sonic is Dude trying to be Jason Griffith trying to be Ryan Drummond trying to be Sonic the Hedgehog?

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Or they were too cheap to hire Jason for an amusement plug-in.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    If that is the new voice for Sonic I'm just gonna crack up just as hard as I just did everytime he opens his mouth in future games.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    "Franchise changing"? I thought Sonic was voiced by a different guy in every game.

Must be something else. Please.

6. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

You know, I just went to Alton Towers over the weekend and I heard that voice in that trailer there talking about the ride while in the queue. Maybe it was just a stand in for the ride..or maybe it is the new VA..

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I think you'll find it's hard for us to enforce any kind of policy not taking place on our own site.

That said, I don't agree with posting private conversations out in the open like that, but there's not much than can be done about it now--the news is out there any I doubt it'll be going anywhere at any point in the near future. In the meantime, I dunno why you're trying to point out some sort of supposed hypocrisy that didn't even take place on our own turf. Please consider all of the factors before pointing fingers. It's kind of rude.

8. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I was hyped because I thought it was the Brittish guy. Well, doesn't seem too bad, but poor Jason. So many years of bitching that he didn't deserve... He'll be amused that there's going to be a huge bring Griffith back movement though.

There are no secrets for you Sega, no secrets. Everything gets leaked, one way or the other. You should've learned that by now.

9. NTom64

NTom64

Hopefully Sonic getting a new VA isn't what they consider to be "franchise changing news".

Oh well, guess we won't know for sure until tomorrow.

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    1. Everyone wanting Sonic to be silent is missing the point, and missing it HARD. Sonic, personality wise, is first and foremost a trash talking wiseass. Being silent is not in his character. At all.

2. I maintain that David Humphrey was the best Shadow VA by FAR.

3. I welcome the departure of Griffith JUST for a new Shadow VA

4. Schemmel is actually possible. Hi was the voice of Black Doom in Shadow the Hedgehog

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Because the games totally interpret this personality in the script. Doesn't get much more intense than the real super power of teamwork eh?

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    It'd be nice to get Ryan back, (its the only thing that would stop the aformentioned "Bring back Jason" complaints) but I don't think he'd come back after being droped the way he was. Then they could have Ryan on Sonic and Jason on Shadow and everyone would be happy (well accept Aquaslash)

13. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    So making a game about Sonic being fat is not franchise changing?

14. corneliab

corneliab

Haha, what a load of shit. Sonic's "personality" resonated just fine in the good ol' mute genesis games, and the extra shorts in Unleashed were more charming than any of the cutscenes.

15. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I really don't get why people bitch about the SA1-Heroes voice actors, it might not of been perfect but OMFG it was better than ShTH-06. Most of VAs in SA1 and SA2 do put in a decent performace, Deem Bristow for me was the perfect Eggman, I also quite liked Jennifer Doulliard as Amy. Rouge and Shadow sounded at lot better too. In ShTH both Sonic and Shadow just seemed devoid of any emotion, it was just flat. The bad voice acting in that game certianly contributed to the awfulness of the poorly written cutscenes.

16. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I agree with you. I don't get the calls for "silent Sonic". I mean, I hate overused voice clips during gameplay, too, but that's no reason to not want him to talk EVER.

Giving Sonic his personality back would sure be "franchise changing news".

17. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I wouldn't have put one iota of thought into this VA bullshit if you hadn't mentioned Disney, but Jason Marsden as Sonic would make me swoon.

This would be a valid point, provided Sonic actually talked trash or cracked wise in any of the games. He's neither edgy nor clever, he's just an unusually chipper cipher from start to finish. Someone needs to clip his voicebox already.

Also, everyone who genuinely entertained the thought that a new voice actor might qualify as "franchise changing", or even something deserving of a footnote on a blog post: not aborting you is the second greatest mistake your mothers have made, sitting on a public toilet being the first.

18. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I thought about this comment more and actually, if Nintendo decided to change Mario's voice actor, that would be much bigger franchise changing news than a new Sonic actor.

19. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I do have to wonder if anything would get "leaked" at all if Sega stopped making these announcement announcements. It's basically an invitation for thousands of people to go through their undie drawer.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Is that commecrial anywhere else on the net?

All I can hear is jason to me probably because the audio quality sucks.

I think they did use sean's yells in secret rings for darkspine. goku as sonic? it would be every sonicXdbz fanboys dream!

Me too. Jason has got to a point where he sounds almost like ryan...why leave? unless he was forced just like how Ryan was.

All I know is that this "news" we are all waiting for is just driving us nuts. AAUK knows we are all impatient fucks who dig when information is dangling over us (example: Old sonic 4 thread) he could've just announced it and got it over with.

That being said, thursday is in 14 1/2 hours (PDT Here). I'm expecting a midnight announcement AAUK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.