Sonic X or Sonic Underground?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Endgame, Jul 1, 2010.

Which would you prefer out of the 2 if you had to choose?

1. Sonic Underground

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sonic X [4Kids version]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    This should bring an interesting result.

*mwahahahahaaa!*

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    There's not a thing I can stand in Sonic Underground, so Sonic X for me.

3. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Between the original Sonic X (japanese version) and Sonic Underground, I'd pick X without a doubt.

Between the Sonic X dub and Underground, though, I'd probably go with SU. The 4Kids dub is just terrible.

4. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Sonic X, no doubt. It's not good, but it's WAY better than the atrocity that is Underground.
    I mean... FUCK

[​IMG]

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Well, it all depends on the reaction I give it. I think both are horrible, but comparing my reactions towards both:

I can laugh at how bad Underground is (almost had a "so bad it's good" feeling), but Sonic X was so bad I was just ashamed of watching it.

So yeah, vote goes to Underground.

6. Skaarg

Skaarg

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. :colbert:
    AoStH always has a place because when I was younger we lived out in the country, and for some reason some random tv channel came in on Saturday mornings only and played a couple cartoons one of which was AoStH.

I haven't seen the Japanese version of Sonic X so I can't judge that, but going between the US Sonic X and Sonic Underground then I'd choose Sonic Underground.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL

But between Sonic X and Sonic Underground? Well, at least Sonic X was watchable.

8. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    English Sonic X had occasional bouts of awesome amidst the mangled wreck of the Japanese version. Whereas SoUnd... well, I haven't watched it, but it sounds awful.

9. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    If this was the Japanese version of Sonic X, I would choose Sonic X hands down. With the English dub, you're driving a hard bargain, but despite its many problems, I have to choose Sonic X over Underground.

...sorry Aquaslash. :v:

10. Sonic Underground, which I actually enjoyed. Fast forward through the music videos and consider Manic as Sonic's stoner brother, and you have a recipe for fun.

11. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Underground but not by much, it has a retro-camp factor, that sort of makes you smile slightly while you cringe. Sonic X does have some good bits but it's just devoid of any charm or real character that the American made cartoons have, it just feels somewhat generic, perhaps it will seem better in ten years time.

12. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

Now with twice the sprites. Member
    North Carolina
    STILL trying to get these damn spam bots off the Open Sonic forum.
    I really didn't like Sonic X OR Underground all that much.

13. Yeah, I picked the one I dislike less, but I wouldn't voluntarily watch either.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    God damnit I hate you!

...Sonic X. Underground is just the worst at least with X it has some action in it plus no crappy songs.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As much as I could rant about the 4Kids dub of X, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Just about everything could be hugely improved, including stuff that 4Kids had nothing to do with (animation, 'bridge' characters), but I dunno. I got a kick out of the show for the right reasons. Underground sucks royally though.

16. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I gotta go with Sonic X. Sonic Underground was okay (plus it had Sean Connery as a voice actor, so that was a plus...at least, I THINK he did do voice that elder echidna character), but overall...yeah.

I hate to say this in public, but I mean the Dubbed Sonic X. I have NEVER seen an episode of the Subbed Sonic X. I dunno why, but I just couldn't find any interest in watching the Japanese version. Eh, doubt I'm missing much anyway.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh dear Christ. Sonic X 4Kids vs Underground?

...I'm going with Sonic X 4Kids, but under duress. My main point is that there ARE dubbed episodes of Sonic X where you don't have to hit the mute button for a full minute. The same cannot be said of any Sonic Underground episode.

18. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Sonic X (4KiDS) vs Sonic Underground...

Let me remind you all that the only Sonic show I saw as a child was AoStH. I've watched the whole of 4KiDS Sonic X, and have DVD sets of SatAM, AoStH, and SoUnd.

My ranking are:
    1. SatAM
    2. SoUnd
    3. AoStH
    4. Sonic X [4Kids]

Sonic X subs don't make the list because I haven't watched and ranking would be skewed by lack of ability to watch and know what was said at the same time.

SatAM and SoUnd have overlaying plots, AoStH doesn't. Sonic X 4Kids... well... it's 4Kids, I despise them with the intensity of 93658 Milky Way Black Holes' gravity.

SoUnd's songs were hit/miss for me, I liked about 8 of them.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I've seen 3 episodes of Sonic X, and the first 3 of Underground.

I kinda like Underground, but I hate the songs. Sonic X doesn't have anything like that, and even with "OMG 4KIDS" I still rather enjoyed it.

20. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Sonic X has a lower concentration of annoying songs and it brought us the bolt action laser gun. Plus, the dub managed to not ruin Chris's Uncle (Leader of the S team), and he's my favorite character in the sub as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.