don't click here

What is Sonic Team doing?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scartillery, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Those weren't Sonic 1 Stickers....Those were in fact Sonic Unleashed Stickers.
    Where did you hear that they were Sonic 1.

Yeah. Rare would work. Mm would then oversee the "replayability" part of the game.
    Technically, if there was a collaboration of various 3rd party devs, they could make a pretty damn awesome Sonic game.

2. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    1: I hope you're joking.
    [​IMG]

2: Yeah they could. Might as well throw Nintendo in the mix as well. :specialed:

Actually if I wanted 3rd party devs to make a game, I would want whichever part of Rare worked on Banjo-Tooie, which ever part of Naughty Dog worked on the first Jak game amd whatever that company is called now that made Shadow of the Colossus and is currently working on another PS3 title.

Then we would have a Sonic game that isn't linear.

3. Oh those stickers.
    Yeah they made a fuck-up with those. I thought you weere refering to those skins. My bad.

I don't really care about those. I mean its not like Sonic Team did that.....that would be horrendous.

And additional developers could include........the people who made Ratchet and Clank. I forget who they are....

4. Volpino

Volpino

That's Naughty Dog, and if they made a Sonic game, I hope they ditch the weapons. Sonic doesn't really need another Shadow-esque game.

5. Mr. Pictures

Mr. Pictures

Oldbie
    It's not that I don't play the newer games, because I do, I just don't find the fun factor as high as some of the earlier games. While some of them are very entertaining in their own right, most of them aren't an expansion of the original game play Sonic was known for. Sonic 4 has got very little attention from me, and for the time being I'm going to keep my opinions of what I've seen to myself.

That may not matter to some fans, but I think Sonic Team is very big on Sonic's appearance. I'm not saying I'm against the new design, but I'd love to know why they felt Sonic's redesign was such a good idea and how it enhanced him.

6. There may well be, I remember discussing this somewhere else...

Anyway. Back to what Sonic Team, may or may not be doing.

I've said what I think and what I hope for.

Anyone want to add to that.

EDIT: The split has been made. Some parts may not make complete sense.

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    If they really do try a Sonic Heroes 2, they should do something like the Lego series.

In Lego ___ you can play as like, a billion different Star Wars/Batman/whatever characters, but only in Free Play mode. In story mode you're confined to a handful of characters as the plot requires (in Batman you're mostly playing as Batman and Robin).

Imagine running around as Sonic with Tails lagging behind you, and you decide you see something in the air you want to explore. You can hit the Y button and Sonic and Tails swap places, with you being given control over Tails. Now you can fly up to the thingamabobber. There would be places only Sonic could reach, and only Tails could reach. Your 2-guy setup would switch here and there (Sonic/Knuckles, Sonic/Amy, etc.) but it would only be those two guys. And you wouldn't be tethered together either. Fuck that shit.

Then in time attack mode they can throw in Shadow and Blaze and Jet and Silver and whoever the fuck else the kids want to play as.

Just develop a bunch of massive levels like in Sonic Unleashed and throw in a couple gimmicks that take advantage of a character's abilities, and you're golden.

8. What, you mean like Sonic Advance 3, but in 3D. Yeah that could work. It wouldn't be all bad it they had the 3-man teams either, so long as you could choose the characters.
    Y'know combos like Shadow, Sonic and Tails, or Sonic, Knuckles and OMEGA. Somthing like that. Gives variety and a level of replayablilty if you made MASSIVE levels where each combination of characters had a unique alternate path.
    You could also have an option to play as a single character.

9. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Isomniac did Ratchet and Clank, actually. Naughty Dog did Jak and Daxter, and then there's Sucker Punch who did Sly Cooper.

10. If insomniac made Shadow. It could have been a decent game. At least the controls would be refined. All they'd need to do is just use the Ratchet engine and make it faster.

My hopes are for a game which is a mixture of Unleashed, SA2 and Heroes.
    By that I mean Unleashed graphics, Heroes style level-art, SA2.Heroes hybrid control system, with control refinement and camera improvement.
    I loved unleashed's speedy levels, but I prefered the speed you got in SA2 and Heroes. I also loved the amount of crazy momentum you could gather by free falling from rails. Basically like Final Rush (SA2) and Egg Fleet (Heroes). Those were very fun levels. Another level I enjoyed a lot was Grand Metropolis (Heroes).

Take all of the "good" element from previous games and mash them together, refine them to perfection. Then release a fucking BETA/Demo so that we can give proper feedback. Then improve, then release.

11. Volpino

Volpino

Insomniac also made the first three Spyro games, of which I am a huge fan of, so if they were to make a Sonic game, I would want the devs behind those three games behind it.

Sucker Punch would be awesome as well, Sly Cooper had one of the most interactive environments I've ever played in and there was always the well-appreciated exploration side of their games.

If SEGA makes a game based on SA2, I hope they make it a platformer this time. Those mech stages just sucked ass, and I hope they fix the controls. What the hell was up with instant turnage?

I would like the chao garden back, except for it to be totally optional, with certain achievements in the game unlocking things in the store, or certain conditions in the garden itself with an obtainable Tails chao instead of having to own another shitty game just to have one without the use of a hacking device.

12. Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see the chao garden back. It was a fun, albeit a time consuming experience to take care of those little needy creatures. They could build upon SA2:B's chao garden system, as it was the best one.

They could even add more types of chao, and more things to do with them to make it more fun. This is one of their good ideas that they just dropped in the garbage bin.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    +1 on the Chao idea. It's the main reason I've spent 180+ hours on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

I love those little guys.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I don't care about the Chao Gardens as they exist in the Adventure games... I just don't think there's enough to do with them, and it's not terribly entertaining going on farm-quests for animals and Chaos Drives to bolster their statistics for three years just so you have a CHANCE at winning the emblems from the spectators' minigames attached to it.

I wouldn't say no to a new and improved Chao Garden side-game, though, and even if I still found it boring, it's not like I'm forced to play it.

15. If I could choose three different companies to make a Sonic game, I would choose Rare to make one DKC-style, Shiny to make one with the engine and graphics of EWJ, and Treasure to make one like their games Dynamite Headdy and Gunstar Heroes.

The sad part is that the Shiny one was almost true once... :(

16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I personally would like to see the Galaxy team at Nintendo make a 3D Sonic game, that would be fucking awesome I swear. Take elements that made all of the good 2D and 3D games good, mix 'em up and combine them into one awesome box of awesome, which'll make for an awesome game. Make it happen please.

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    If I could get 3 companies to make a new Sonic game, without a doubt, the first would definitely be Naughty Dog. The other two would be M2 and Artoon.

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Artoon is the part of SEGA that made SEGA SEGA, especially considering Naoto Oshima and Naofumi Hataya are on the team. I'd say we're overdue Sonic CD 2 already. Make it happen, Artoon.

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Sega, take notes.

SONIC SUCCESS PLAN
    (1) Notify Naoto Oshima to make a new Sonic game with Artoon
    (2) Get Naofumi Hataya to team up with Richard Jacques and Howard Drossin for music
    (3) Hire Hirozaku Yashuhara for level design
    (4) Segata Sanshiro cameo appearance get
    (5) ??????
    (6) PROFIT

That's all there is to it. :colbert:

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    And in this case, there really will be PROFIT, and probably a lot of it. SEGA just seems to be of the "that'll do" attitude, trying to make maximum profit with minimum cost, rather than just maximum profit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.