don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I don't see what's so hard about getting rid of this now.

I basically gave you your final stage.

All of Angel Island.

2. Matwek

Matwek

Im just trying to get people to agree on at least something, the fact that Nack/Fang is being paid to work for Robotnick is a simple concept that people can either say YES or NO too. That way we can put to bed the whole 'whos playable? what are the new characters? etc.' debate.

The rest of the story I like but currently I think it would get things back on track if we could just get all this 'extra charcter' stuff out of the way first. Nothing personal, its just as a community it seems we need to take one decision at a time or we get nowhere (That and im still quite keen on the idea of robotnick building a 'master emerald bomb', stick that in your story somewhere and I'll be more then willing to back what you have so far).

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Pretty sure I did.

Master Emerald and Chaos Emerald controls said bomb.

Master Emerald would keep the island and the fortress + buster afloat, but the real juice goes to do the buster along with the extra juice from the Chaos Emeralds.

It's like I really have a flying fortress.

4. I vote NO to Nack being playable. He needs his own levels, gameplay, and all that. That is, assuming he's not just going to run through the same Zones as Sonic for whatever reason.

5. Matwek

Matwek

6. Dark Phantron

Dark Phantron

7. Matwek

Matwek

Tail's story is just the same as sonics really (minus the doomsday level).
    Knuckles going after Nack/Fang can be just as eventful as sonic going after Robotnick, all depends on the level theme we pick and what bosses they meet really.

Personally I think it would look damn exciting if I was playing knuckles hunting down Nack/Fang whilst he uses all his traps and what not to get away, whilst the 'flying island fortress' thingy is floating about in the background blasting stuff.

8. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Old storyline is old, but...
    Although I took some liberties which some people may not like, this storyline, besides appearing long, is not that complex (besides, it has many things in common with what other users are posting lately, and there is a point where Nack can be turned playable if needed) and every character has a specific role. I realize that to some people it may seem weird that Knuckles first set of zone is different than Sonic & Tails' one, but I see no point of him starting on the same island as Sonic. I also realize that Amy doesn't appear in any point in this story, and that the Egg Moon may seem a Death Egg rip-off. And if someone actually reads it until the end, I'll be flamed for my choice of the bad ending. But its still simple, and on top of it, considering that the game will have split paths at some point, the game could also have more than one story/ending, which gets determined on what route you take.

Besides, S3K story is more complex than it seems, and there is a lot of background story only hinted in the game.

And on the playable Nack debate, I don't care. But if he manages to be playable, then it needs some differences from Sonic Tails and Knuckles

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    You never noticed that? Didn't you read anything in the other threads? That's why we had no limits on anything technical like colors, sprite count, audio quality, etc.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Umm...has it really been decided yet? I've seen a lot of discussion but no final decisions.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    [​IMG]

Multiple Storyline problem solved.

Sonic's main villain is Robotnik.

Tails deals with Metal Sonic.

Knuckles attempts to save Angel Island but Nack keeps getting in the way.

All final levels split into their own paths for each character leading up to the final fight with their rival.

Sonic goes mano-a-mano with Robotnik. Tails attempts to destroy the battleship but has to deal with Metal Sonic. Knuckles has to kick Fang out of his island and regain control of Angel Island.

Before anyone bitches "LOLOLOLOL, SONIC SHOULD BE FIGHTING METAL SONIC NOT TAILS!!!!"

At this point, Sonic has fought so many copies of him that it's just a joke now. Let him deal with the big man, and have Tails face off solo against Metal Sonic as a sort of "Sonic vs. Tails" scenario.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    Not a bad idea. I never would have thought of it myself. Tails had to fight against Metal Sonic some time.

15. Rokkan

Rokkan

But every stage boss being a Fang fight or a Metal Sonic fight for Tails and Knuckles? No thanks. Some bosses could be Fang and Metal in Tails and Knuckles' case, but I still prefer that most of the bosses would be a Robotnik fight.

16. Matwek

Matwek

I think the idea was suggesting that they each go off on their seperate paths near the end.
    The majority of the game would be the same with Robotnick as the boss and Nack/Fang appering from time to time to set off traps and obsticals (like knuckles did in S&K), then for the last level they all split up for various reasons and each comes up against their chosen opponent for the final fight.

EDIT: In fact im really quite keen on this idea, although maybe with a slight alteration, Sonic goes after the Island fortress and Robotnick, Knuckles goes after Nack/Fang as pay back for stealing the master emerald and Tails goes back for the Bi-plane intending to help sonic but this time Metal sonic is in the way ready to stop him.

17. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I would actually have that story flipped since it'll work so much better if they are all split apart from the start then further through the game they all have to fight Robotnik, doesn't matter who you play with you'll always have the Robotnik Boss Battles at the end.

18. Matwek

Matwek

Im not sure if that would work really unless you came up with new bosses for each character on each level, it would just seem too simple if you kept the same bosses but had a different enemy driving it. I know they do it in S&K but to me that always felt like a cheap way of getting away with making knuckles' story fit with what they already had.

Besides if we have all 3 villians (Robotnick, Nack/Fang and Metal sonic) in the majority of the game before you take the split path it gives us more room to get creative with the in-game story bits, gets restricting if its split into a 1 good guy Vs 1 bad guy scenario right from the start.

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    More detailed final level. Everyone should follow the same path and fight the same enemies up until the end.

[​IMG]

The trio manage to destroy Robotnik's plans once more. Nack, realizing that he won't be payed in full, steals the Master Emerald for himself, and Robotnik makes a run for it. A failsafe in the battleship design was that it would still explode on the planet, but not causing as much damage as before.

Sonic runs off to stop Robotnik in a battle on top of the falling battleship. Tails goes off to stop the bomb, only to be confronted by a defeated Metal Sonic that has taken the Chaos Emeralds inside to go super. Knuckles has to fight Nack in a giant mech powered by the Master Emerald.

Epic final boss music goes here.

Also, those boss designs are random. Don't pay attention to them. I just needed something that looked cool and not a blank space.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I know Jay, Chimpo, and I were discussing this a minute ago in IRC.

Jay really likes having Nack use a giant mech like that.
    I personally thought at first that it was a bit too monstrous for Nack's character, who was more like a Maruyama / Trouble Bruin or Wile E. Coyote.

Then again, Maruyama had that Super Finagler that he pulled out of the trash which was pretty badass overall. What we need is something that is both epic and a bit junky at the same time, then.

Since Nack is likely to be a miniboss for multiple stages, he'll likely need a series of mechs in order to take out Sonic and Tails. These mechs then combine Voltron-style to create a giant boss at the very end of it.

In any case this is me saying I want to see some minibosses combine into one giant megaminiboss.