don't click here

Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    As an old man who was young once...

I still like our brooding totally-not-Vegeta edgehog:V

2. Kyro

Kyro

3. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    If Shadow doesn't have a gun I'm not buying.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Mookey

Mookey

I hope that sums it up perfectly, ngl

5. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    I like the idea of a Gens remaster for modern systems. As a console player whose 2nd favorite Sonic game is Gens, I've been waiting to play it at 60 fps forever. I know that console players who care about framerate is probably a niche audience and this game is being made to given children who don't play Xbox access to Gens but regardless. Sonic X Shadow Generations is such a laughably terrible name tho. Even ignoring the whole shipping thing, it just flows horribly. But I'm interested to see if the Shadow thing amounts to anything? Like it would be pretty neat if they had a little campaign with Shadow that had Radical Highway from Sa2+ a Shadow 05 stage + maybe something from Heroes or 06 to represent Shadow. I could never complain about more Gens content as long as it's reasonably handled. I'm really hoping it's not another Colors Ultimate situation as several people have already said.

6. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Shadow’s still cool as long as you don’t play his own game

7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE ME

8. Wildcat

Wildcat

I’d like new or I mean additional stages but I’m guessing that’s not really possible. Like if there was an Ice Cap zone...they’d have to create 2 entirely new stages. One for Classic and Modern. It’d also mess with the storyline.

Shadow could have single retro stages since it might be a separate adventure. I know the DS version used different stages. Maybe put those in.

9. You know, there's not really much stopping them from just being extra stages that don't tie into the plot.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    There's not much of a plot in Generations to begin with, and it's time travel shenanigans on top of that. Nothing really stopping anyone from just dropping something in the middle of something and going "lol, time"

11. Wildcat

Wildcat

Well I guess...I’d still use Shadow for any additional stages though. Easier than needing to edit the main quest.

12. Pengi

Pengi

It would be a much bigger undertaking to bring Sonic Adventure 2 up to modern standards (in terms of gameplay, graphics and voice acting) and sell for $60.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Also it'd likely spoil the majority of the movie for those who haven't played it.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    They can watch the cutscenes on youtube.

They could just port SA2 onto modern hardware and call it a day, but "Remaster" is a more marketable term. They probably also want to bank on Generation's positive reception as a cushion for some good reviews. Last time they re-released the Adventure games, they were (deserving) in the reds and yellows. I can't imagine them putting much effort into the Generations port outside of higher resolution and frame rate for consoles, so any Adventure attempts would be below bare minimum. We would probably get something like the glorious 4:3 aspect ratio with ugly borders again for SA1.

15. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Reliable Persona leaker "lolilolailo" has disclosed details on ResetEra. I won't link the thread, but here are some screencaps.

upload_2024-1-30_18-59-26.png
    upload_2024-1-30_18-59-29.png
    upload_2024-1-30_18-59-30.png

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    [Worried Laughter]

I wonder who is handling this whole mess. If it's another botch outsourced job like Colors, then oh boy.

17. Mookey

Mookey

Oh so it really could be Bowser's Shadow's Fury... Very interesting if true.

18. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I dunno if anyone is interested but the domain name was apparently registered on the 9th of this month.
    [​IMG]
    Now if this is going to have new levels on top of Shadow being a playable character then I take back what I said before. :V I would definitely be onboard if that's the case.
    Who I am kidding, I was always going to get the game regardless since I love this damn franchise so much.

19. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

This is clearly to capitalise on the upcoming Shadow The Hedgehog frenzy that they’re building up. First a spotlight in the latest animation, then a couple LEGO sets, now are-release with more Shadow, then a film.

I loved Generations, I’d love it on Switch or whatever the next Nintendo console will be. Additional Shadow content would be :thumbsup:

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Here is your new Shadow content bros
    [​IMG]
    In all seriousness, I want to be optimistic because I like Shadow. SEGA may be giving Sonic Team more time between games, but they ended up just passing off the penny pinching and time crunch to their partners instead.